Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ Week 7


Hosted by Sandra at 'Diary of A Stay at Home Mom'


On my bedside table:
The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff

On my TV:
It's school holidays so the kids are home. It's also the Monday after Easter ... a public holiday in Australia ... so my Rory is home too ! It's 9:16 am. Rory is still snoozin'. The kids are watching various kids shows on the ABC.

On the menu for tonight:
The plan for this week is that there is no plan !
I have no idea what we will have for dinner tonight !! or all the tomorrow's until we move ...

On my To Do List:
  • Call our current ISP to cancel
  • Call our new ISP to find out about modem delivery
  • Call local moving company to see if I can get paper to wrap dishes
  • Write change of address letters
  • pack
  • pack
  • pack
  • pack
  • Meet Karen and her family !!!
New Recipe I tried last week:
I didn't try any new recipes last week, but I tried this one the week before, Steamed Fish on Rice

Photobucket

In the craft basket:
My craft basket is sad and lonely because I haven't been using it this week. It is going to be sadder and lonelier later today when I pack it into a box !!!

Looking forward to:
Moving into our new house on THURSDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Not cleaning your house because you are moving in two weeks and want to just clean it that one time, makes for a dirty, very dirty, house.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I've just discovered this blog I loved this post about her daughter the Snail Whisperer ! Too funny !!

Favorite photo from last week:

Photobucket

This pitcher is only an couple of inches tall ! I love it. It's from Spain. I'm not sure where. Do you know where I bought this Mom ? Was it Toledo where they make these ?

I know I haven't completed this whole thing but I need to wrap it up and get started on the days work ! I'll get back into doing the whole thing once we're moved and settled !! For now ... you'll just have to take what you get !! ha ha

Happy Monday to all of you !!

11 comments:

Cheri April 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Oh how I remember moving. I swore I'd never do it again! It does make you so very busy. It will be worth it though!!

The Raggedy Girl April 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

How exciting to be moving into a new home, hope it goes really smoothly.

Have A Marvelous Monday
from Roberta Anne
"The Raggedy Girl"

Sarah April 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

I feel for you this week! I hope your move goes well! I'll be thinking of you -

How far are you moving from where you live now?

Kari April 14, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

Happy Moving! It's stressful but oh so exciting.
BTW you take great photo's of your food.
Have a great week!

Sandra April 14, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

Blech moving...being military we're pros at it but still hate it LOL

Kath April 14, 2009 at 2:17 AM  

Will be thinking of you during your move....too bad you can't have a military blitz boxing crew like we used to have. You notice how long we have stayed in the one house we actually had to pack ourselves in to! The flower design is unusual on your sweet little vase, the pastel colors and the tea roses both, so I can't pinpoint the place by the design. Did they sell those types of things at the "Mud Doll Store" out perimeter road? (when's the last time you thought of THAT joint?!)

Jen April 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM  

Good luck on the moving. I love the picture of the pitcher. Have a great week.

Anonymous April 14, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

Hi from a fellow Australian! I loved reading your post. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Leeann April 14, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

Very excited for you about your move! I hope it all goes well!

Anonymous April 14, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

Best of luck on your move!

I love steamed fish on rice - one of my staples with a side of veggies!

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2009/04/happy-homemaker-monday_13.html

Crystal April 14, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

First visit to your blog. I came in through happy homemaker monday. I have moved (5) times and each time I said never again, but I have learned you never know. Hope you get everything packed up and ready to go.

Enjoy your day!
Crystal


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP