Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sharing Tiny Teapots

Photobucket

A few days ago I mentioned feeling like I needed to make some changes.
I've been doing lots of thinking.
Processing.
Planning.
Yesterday I got the kids involved.
I'll post about that later in the week ...

One of the things I've really been feeling is the need to SLOW DOWN.

Life is busy.
That probably won't change.
But do I need to be running around at a hectic pace ?
Constantly frantic ?
I don't think so.

In the midst of the busyness, I'm scheduling in slow times.

One of the things I have decided is that I will walk the children to and from school everyday.
They ride their bikes. I walk.
The weather will be cooling soon so it will become quite pleasant.

It's not a long walk.
Probably takes us 10/15 minutes to get there.
That makes a 30 minute walk for me ... twice a day.
And half of that walk, I'm on my own.

This morning, I just looked at all the flowers

and birds

and clouds

and blue sky ...

It was nice.
Cleared my head.
Got my blood pumpin'.
A perfect way to start the morning.
Slowly ...

I've got more to share but it's time to head out to the school !
We'll talk more tomorrow.

For now though, why don't you tell me how you handle the busyness ?
Do you have intentionally slow times during your day or do you just go go go ?

7 comments:

T'lia March 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

This is great Bon!

I too struggle with having too much to do, all of the time- even when it's things I like like hanging out with friends!

I've started to say no- which is a big challenge, and take a little 'me' time. :-)

Mari March 3, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

What a good idea. I should schedule some slow times, instead I just go and then get overwhelmed and cranky!

Erin March 3, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

As Nicholas is still at home with me, I plan one or two slow days at home into our week. . .

It's nice to know that I've planned time when we can do what he wants to do rather than what we need to do. . . =)

Cheri March 3, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

That's a great idea! The kids will love it and it'll be great for you too.
My slow time is lunch time. I always sit and just give myself 30 minutes to just relax.

Amy March 3, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

MOrning! I think that is an awesome way to start to slow down. I have to tell something weird.. I was just just just praying and talking to God about this last night. I feel so distracted, and I feel like I am missing the people that are the most important. And they are right in front of me in my flurry, you know?

Can't wait to hear more! I forgot to add in my email to ya that I have NOT tried those cookies yet. I need a couple items for the recipe, and am waiting on payday. BUT you know, I will let you know when I do!

Hugs.. Amy

Toni March 4, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

I love the teapot!!

Its good to plan slow time. To coin a phrase, you need to take the time to smell the flowers. I usually try to have 1 day a week where I don't go anywhere except to the school. I stay home and spend time with hubby before he goes to bed (shiftwork), Cam and I will read and rest. Its great.

Linda April 4, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

My middle daughter set out the tiny teapot and cups in the bathroom about a week ago, with something blue in the cups.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP