Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ Week 2

I've been reading Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday posts over at her blog 'Diary of a Stay at Home Mom' for a while now and thought it might be fun to participate. You might like to participate as well. You can, just grab the button, copy the categories and fill in your answers. Then pop back to Sandra's place and add your post to the Mr. Linky ...

Here goes ...

On my bedside table:
Blue Shoe by Anne Lamott
I'm about 3/4 of the way through this one. It's interesting enough for me to want to finish it but I'll be glad when that time comes !

On my TV:
It's turned off.
9:52 pm
Everyone else in the house is sound asleep.
I'll be joining them when I finish this post !

On the menu for tonight:
We've already had dinner. Tonight we tried the Mediterranean Rice Salad that Khrista posted to the beans blog a year ago. I can't believe I hadn't tried it before tonight. It was delish ! If you're interested in knowing what is on the menu for the rest of the week you can find it by clicking the button below.



On my To Do List:
Again, the day is done so my to do list is done too. I didn't finish everything on it. I did manage to get the car serviced, swim ONE KILOMETRE (!!!), hang out with my friend Toni, visit a cool tea shop I've been wanting to visit for ages, spend time with the kids, think through my current routine, attend a meeting because I'm Jono's soccer team manager, cook dinner ... on and on. I don't think I ever finish EVERYTHING on my to do list ... do you ?

New Recipe I tried last week:
I made an Udon soup last week that was quite acceptable. I will post the recipe this week ...

In the craft basket:
My scarf - almost finished.
I've also started a baby blanket for Alia's baby. Shhhhh .... don't tell her, she doesn't know !

Looking forward to:
Seeing Eddie, Gina and CJ tomorrow !

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Did ya'll see my freezer tip ?? Go look ...


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
My friend Khrista, who was my original inspiration to blog (!!), had her 8 year old daughter as a guest blogger this week. It's going to be a regular spot on her blog and I just love it !! Check it out - Fruit Salad - Yummy Yummy !!


Favorite photo from last week:

Photobucket

Actually, I haven't shared this photo yet. Just took it today. I wonder how many of you know what this is ... Toni ... don't guess, I know you know what it is !!

I'll be doing a post about it, probably tomorrow or Wednesday, so if you don't know, you'll find out then !

Lesson learned the past few days:
I am the only one in this family who likes yellow zucchini.

Deep, I know.

On my Prayer List:
We're still contemplating buying our first house.
Such a huge decision.
We keep going back and forth !!!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Still reading Exodus. I read about the ark of the covenant and the tabernacle and all that today. Not what I'd call riveting reading ...
I just opened my Bible now and this verse caught my eye.

Hebrews 13:16 "And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."

Do good. Share with others. Really ? So simple !!

8 comments:

Amy March 3, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

Goodmorning!! Ok, that there pic is a pic of a fruit... is it a Kumquat?? (sp?) Fabulous color... wow!! It makes me wonder what it tastes like...hmmm...

On a side note, what kind of camera do you shoot with?? Just wonderin! Your photography is so great!

Your todo list made me tired just reading all that you had done!! gulp!! :) Happy day to you! Amy

Khrista March 3, 2009 at 4:32 AM  

I have no clue what the picture is of. It doesn't look like a kumquat to me. I bet it's something indigenous to Australia! :) Curious!
I know how many blogs you must read, so to mention G.'s guest blog post was really special. I'm going to have to tell her! :)
I need to get my car serviced! ugh! my to do list this week is SO long!

Stacy March 3, 2009 at 4:59 AM  

I have no idea what kind of fruit that is...but it looks interesting. :) Wow, swimming 1K is HUGE...great job!

Sandra March 3, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

No clue, I thought at first it was Dragon fruit but it doesn't look like it. I think it's Passion fruit *shrug*

Liz M. March 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

it's a fruit that someone has apparently thrown up in. The real question is, why on earth would you eat it?

Kari March 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

From your "Done List" looks like you accomplished a lot. As for the picture would that be a passionfruit? Don't know if it has a another name but that's what I know it to be called.
They are yummy - I love it with vanilla ice cream.

Tina Leigh March 3, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Is it a pomegranate? Hummmm. Cant help you with the time thing...usually if you dont have time for yourself, you've got too much going on...thats what my mama use to tell me,lol. I enjoyed your blog...very interesting!

Toni March 4, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

Great post!!!

Looking at that picture made me want some so bad :D Might have to go looking at the fence lines and see if any are growing :D


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP