Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sharing Monday on Tuesday

Photobucket

Yesterday was a very eventful day.

To start ... it was raining. I don't like to swim in the rain. Rory is always like "hello ? you're in a pool ... you're wet anyway !" But I just don't find it enjoyable, in part because I'm always wondering when the lightning might strike ! So ... I don't swim in the rain !!

Toni, my friend who I swim with, and I still hung out for the morning. I had to drop my car off to get a couple more things fixed (AND IT'S STILL NOT FINISHED !!!!!!!!) Toni picked me up from there and we headed out. We decided to go visit another op shop and then see where the morning went. We hit the jack pot with this new second hand shop !! I bought five sets of knitting needles and a crochet hook for $1.00 !! Crazy, right ? I bought some little hoops for a project I've been wanting to try. I bought some cute photo frames. Two matching ones with painted pictures in them ... I'm going to paint over them. I bought a cute basket. A cushion. Two plates ... one green, one yellow ... for my food photography. And a neat little ceramic pot to keep my knitting needles in. All that for just ....

drum roll please ...

including the aforementioned needles and hook ....

$10

Can you believe it ? No, me neither. I was totally stoked !!

After the op shop, we headed over to K-mart to see if I could find a rice cooker I'd seen advertised as on sale. I did indeed see it. It was indeed on sale. I did indeed buy it !! I'm so excited !! Tomorrow night we are having sushi ...can't wait to try it out !!

Toni got a crock pot ! I'm so excited for her to be try it out !!!! I love my crock pot !!

Fast forward to the end of yesterday.

Lasagna.

Oh, wait ... before the lasagna.

We put an offer on a house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeek ! I'm so excited !!! The agent took our offer straight to the sellers and they decided to sleep on it ! I can hardly contain myself ! It's only 8:37 am and I've been wondering for hours what they've decided ! Good thing you don't buy a house every day ! ha ha

This is our first time EVER buying a house, by the way.

Very exciting.

On to the lasagna.

I made it last night. It was cooking while the agent was here. We ate it once he left. It was delicious !

I'll be posting the recipe to the beans blog later today.

For now though, I need to go.

Hope ya'll have a great day !!


7 comments:

Mari March 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

I am so excited for you! What a day. Can't wait to hear if they accepted the offer.
PS - you did great with your shopping too.

Kath March 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

WOO HOO to all of your exclamation points!!! What does Op Shop translate to in American? Great buy on those needles.....can never have too many of those! You don't like to swim in the rain because your mother learned from her mother that lightning will come and FIND you if you do......sorry I passed that on so strong.....

Mrs. Wallace March 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Interesting...the fear of lightning finding you in just a little rain storm did not get passed on through MY mother. If there was thunder...by all means, out of the pool you go. But rain + pool = fun times.

Amy March 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Oh I am hoping and praying that if this is the one, that God will make a way!! Yay! Love all your fun shopping finds.. yay for great deals and fun stuff!

hugs.. Amy

Cherdecor March 10, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Oh, I am so excited to see if the seller accepts your offer! Nothing gets me stoked more than buying a house. I could move every couple of years.

Bonnie March 10, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Yeah Peej ... so it's not a little rain storm so much as Cyclone Hamish that is brewing about 3 hours from here and sending us strong winds and rain !!!!

Mom ... Op Shop = Second Hand Store (think Goodwill, Arc on a smaller scale)

Toni March 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

I so much more enjoyed our little expedition for op shops than swimming hehehehe


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP