Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ Week 3


Hosted by Sandra at 'Diary of A Stay at Home Mom'


On my bedside table:
My Bible

On my TV:
It's turned off.

On the menu for tonight:

Photobucket

Spinach and Tofu Lasagna ... an old favorite.
Ya'll are going to have to try it once I post the recipe to the beans blog later in the week!!
It's soooo delicious !

On my To Do List:
  • The car has another appointment with the mechanic. There were a few things they needed parts for that they couldn't fix last week.
  • Swimming. I'm aiming for 1 km again.
  • Having coffee with a friend at one of my favorite bakeries !
  • I'm going to do some house work.
  • I hope to do some baking.
  • AND ......... we're putting an offer on a house today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Recipe I tried last week:
Israeli Cous Cous Salad

Photobucket

In the craft basket:
I finished my purple scarf !!
I'm still working on a baby blanket for Alia's baby. Shhhhh .... don't tell her, she doesn't know !
My shawl is underway ...

Photobucket


Looking forward to:
The owners of our new house accepting our offer !! Here's hoping ...

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Read everyone else who participates in Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday to get good tips ! That's a tip ... a good one !! It's the best I can do !! ha ha


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
The Sea and The Scarf by Angie at Bring The Rain
It's a long one so get a cup of tea before you go visit ! It's well worth the read though ... her whole blog is ! If you haven't visited Angie before, I suggest you do.

Favorite photo from last week:

Photobucket

From my 'I Love Gadgets' post ...

Lesson learned the past few days:
Waiting patiently has it's benefits.

On my Prayer List:
The offer on the house !!!
Amy's friend Noelle
Vikki's friend Regina

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 1 ...

Particularly the first part of verse 3 'He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season ...' Got me thinking about trees. And fruit. And how we often expect for the things we do to 'yield fruit' straight away ! But ... trees have to be planted, watered, exposed to sunlight, and grow (sometimes for a significant period of time) before they yield fruit !

I'm still thinking on this but it has been an encouragement to me this week ....

6 comments:

Leeann March 9, 2009 at 1:32 AM  

Wow !!

What exciting news you had hiding in your post!
A new house!

Can't wait to hear more. :-)

Cheri March 9, 2009 at 3:12 AM  

How exciting. That was really fast finding a house- you'll have to keep us posted.
Post some pictures if you have any!

Kari March 9, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

I will be praying for you and your new house!
I really liked your scarf - not only the color but the fluff. BTW what did your sald taste like - sweet or tangy? Just wondering. It looks great though! Have a happy week.

Stacy March 9, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

Best of luck in them accepting your offer! That is so exciting! :)

Sandra March 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

Oooh I hope you get your new house, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Bonnie :)

Linda March 10, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

A beautiful post.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP