Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jackpot !!




Look what I found !!!
A friend suggested that I look for boxes behind a local electronics store.
I took her advice and here's what I found ...

Photobucket

Not only that ... there's plenty more there if I run out !!

Alia was home from school sick today.
She probably could have gone but she did have a runny nose and scratchy throat.
I decided to let her have a day home ... but, in bed.
She did fine for the morning.
Never slept but I didn't hear a peep out of her.
After we had lunch and she went back to bed, she kept telling me she wasn't "that sick."
And she was "bored in there."
I made her stay in bed til we went to get Jono.

I think she'll be going to school tomorrow !!

I did get quite a few boxes packed today.
Hooray !

Photobucket

I'll leave you with a little tip.
Stuffed animals work well as "box fillers" ... this is office supplies ... and stuffed animals.

Perfect.

Gotta go.
We're letting Jono stay up to watch Wipe Out tonight and I can hear it starting ....


8 comments:

Leeann March 31, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

What a great find! Purchasing boxes is really pricey so that is a great savings!

Cheri March 31, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Looks like you're off to a great start.
I bet Alia will be SO excited to go to school today!!!

Mari April 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

Glad the packing is coming along so well. I like the stuffed animal tip too!

Susanne April 1, 2009 at 4:35 AM  

Brilliant suggestion your friend had. I wouldn't have thought to look there.

Sandra April 1, 2009 at 6:47 AM  

Oh the stuffed animal tip....Yep, I used that when we moved from Idaho to Arizona AND I also used towels, blankets and comforters etc as fillers AND to protect fragile items. Works great!

Khrista April 1, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Total score on the boxes! That's fantastic! Hope Alia feels better!

Toni April 1, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Jackpot is right!!! Look at all those boxes :D

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Wipe Out? Yeah we've watched THAT! Jeff and Dawson love it. I think I've seen enough though!

Nice little jackpot you found there. They look like good ones too!

I feel like I've missed somewhere a long the line that you're moving?..to Canada??..:o)..will have to go and read a bit now.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP