Friday, January 16, 2009

Sharing A New Year

Photobucket

We're back !! Six weeks spent visiting with my family was superb !
It is, however, good to be home ...

I've been thinking a bit about my life ... you know, with it being the new year and all that jazz. Thinking about how I want to live. What I want my life to mean. What I think is important. I'll share more with you another day but today I want to tell you about something I noticed while we were away.

I felt my head clear. No muddled thoughts. Not so much forgetting what people said. A longer attention span. An ability to pay closer attention to conversations I was having. Not feeling like there was a major metropolis buzzing with activity in my brain !!

Why ? Well ... I have a theory.

You ready for it ?

I barely touched the computer while I was in the States.

Yeah, I jumped on facebook a couple of times, sent a couple of emails and even managed a few blog posts ... but for the most part, I wasn't on the computer.

I think that all the time spent on the computer, even though the things I do are (mostly) worthwhile, muddles my brain !! I think it makes my thoughts go into overdrive. It makes there be too many things vying for my attention.

I don't like my head being foggy. I don't like muddled thoughs or metropolis-brain. I like this clarity. The quiet in my mind.

Balance. That's what it's all about, right ? With everything. Maybe that will be one of my key words for the year. Not that I have ever had a key word for a year but I'm thinking this year, maybe I should.

Balance and Simplicity. Oh, and here's a couple more I was thinking of the other day ... relish, cherish, enjoy. Wait, I wasn't going to tell you about that stuff yet ...

Soon ...

It's good to be home !


5 comments:

Toni January 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

Good to see you home too!

Can't wait to read more about your "new balance year" planning :D

You know though, I think balance is another word for organisation hehehehehehe

Mari January 17, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

Bonnie!!!! I'm so glad to see you here. I missed you but am so glad you got to spend that time with your family. I did get little bits on your time through you and Jimmy's facebook.

Sandra January 17, 2009 at 4:31 AM  

So glad to see you back :)

I completely agree with what you say and this is why from the beginning I had to make myself balance everything out. It's far to easy to get caught up on the computer and blogging and visiting others, but you have to step back and control that, when you do...it's that much more enjoyable :)

Terri January 17, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

I'm so glad you had a great vacation. It's always fun but it's good to get back home as well.
Balance is the answer - you have to find what works for you. Sometimes it's really hard though!

A Captured Reflection January 18, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Yes I totally agree Bonnie. Welcome back by the way, glad you had a great break. I have found I so need to clear my thoughts and relax them away from the computer. xxx


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP