Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sharing Completion

Photobucket

So, I've been working on this painting for months but couldn't mention it here because it was a surprise for my Aunt Lissa who sometimes reads this blog. The painting is my rendition of a photo that my brother took when we were visiting family in Ohio 18 months ago. The photo is of my Great Uncle Phil (Aunt Lissa's Dad) and Jono. Uncle Phil passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in June. We miss him.



My brother Jimmy had the painting framed for us once we arrived in Colorado. It really adds to it. I'll have to try and take a photo of it framed and hanging on the wall at Aunt Lissa's before we leave !



Here's what Aunt Lissa had to say about it on her facebook ...



"This is a very beautiful painting that Bonnie did for me. It is a picture that Jimmy took last summer of my dad with Bonnie's son Jono. They were walking in the woods with a soccer ball outside the house where I grew up. It is an absolutely beautiful painting, one of the very special things I will always treasure. Thank you Bon, you couldn't have ever given me anything nicer. Its absolutely wonderful!"

4 comments:

Demara December 8, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

It's beautiful Bonnie!

Terri December 12, 2008 at 3:17 AM  

What a treasure for her!

Sabba and Nanny December 16, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Everyone who sees it knows it's Uncle Phil. A rare treasure.

Leeann January 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

How incredibly, incredibly thoughtful and loving. And a beautiful painting that captures so much emotion.

Love it.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP