Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Corner View {TrèsBonn} - Home Alone



 photo BannerTresBonn_zps1b68e948.jpg

Oh hello my poor little neglected blog!  How great to see you again.
I thought that a Corner View might be the perfect way to get you going again!
The theme of "What You Do When You Are Home Alone" is perfect for what I have to share!

I've been busy ...

A month ago, I opened an Etsy shop!
I called it TrèsBonn ... a play on my name, Bonnie, and the French words for 'very good'.
It has been a bit of a whirlwind and I'm loving every minute of it.

 photo isa_760xN16210207900_tjji_zps60b83a97.jpg

At the beginning of 2014, I took an online course that dealt with being ok with imperfection. 
The course involved keeping an art journal ... 
something I had never really done but found I really enjoyed. 
Each week, I had an 'assignment' or two that I very quickly finished. I wanted more.

 photo isa_760xN16210174868_sxo8_zpsfc31424b.jpg

In my art journal, I had begun to experiment with water color paints. 
Having always loved quotes, I decided that I would try 'painting' some of my favorite ones. 
I posted them to my various social media sites and got a very encouraging response.

As family and friends started telling me how one of my little paintings meant 
something to them, I started mailing them to those individuals. 
I loved being able to send a little encouragement in the mail .... 
especially when I was able to do it as a surprise!

 photo isa_760xN16250624571_hx18_zps432fc2c7.jpg

Another love of mine is birds.
I could watch birds all day long ... if only they would stay still for me!
One night I discovered that I could paint them. 
Again, I started posting them on social media and got a favorable response.

 photo isa_760xN16210226696_5cb6_zps6c8bd42f.jpg

After a while, people started encouraging me to open an Etsy shop. 
I thought, why not? Might as well give it a go!

So, here we go!

I'm excited to see where this next step in my journey leads ...

 photo BannerTresBonn_zps1b68e948.jpg


Never been to Etsy? 
Well ... if you follow this link and sign up, Etsy will give you $5 towards your first purchase! 

PS ... I can't wait to come visit all of you Corner View friends, old and new!
I've missed you.

11 comments:

MommaGross November 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM  

Love you and your creativity!!

Mari November 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM  

Welcome back! I love what you're doing on Etsy!

Bonnie November 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM  

Thanks ladies!!

shayndel November 13, 2014 at 9:56 AM  

Beautiful story and creations! Congratulations on your shop!
Tres bonne!!!

Beth November 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM  

I love this! You definitely have talent and it's wonderful that you stepped out on such a venture! Great work---esp. love those birds! :>)

Heather November 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM  

Welcome back - I missed you! And congratulations! I wish you much success. I have a shop, too - Oak Tree Court Designs. I will follow you.

ps That robin is ADORABLE!

Francesca November 13, 2014 at 5:45 PM  

i remember the first of those quote cards! opening an etsy shop seems a logical step - congrats!
PS I love your work space in front of the window.

Menthe Blanche November 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM  

What good news! Etsy is the perfect site to sell your work. As Francesca I think your desk near the window is very well located and perfect for your watercolor work. The little robin is lovely!

Li + Belle November 14, 2014 at 4:44 AM  

Wow, you draw wonderful.

likeschocolate November 14, 2014 at 2:22 PM  

What an amazing talent you have!

nadine paduart November 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM  

well done you, bonnie! and the very best of luck with this new venture, which you approach in the best possible way; with wonder and bewilderment. yes, go with the flow, that is good, and the rest will follow. and thxs for your delightful comment, glad to see you back here as well! n♥


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP