Monday, March 17, 2014

The Burning Air

 photo 1D62B3C8-CA30-4886-A08E-B917BD640EE0_zpspbbyf3ak.jpg

The Burning Air
by Erin Kelly

I picked this book up because the front cover caught my eye.  I'd never read anything by Erin Kelly before, but after reading this one, I think I'll give another of her books a go.

Some of the language made me think that this author was Australian but I discovered afterwards that she is English ... one of Britain's foremost psychological thriller writers according to the back of the book.

In one word, this story is about REVENGE.  There are no two ways about it.  The main character is set on taking revenge on a family whom he was convinced had wronged him.  His plan was elaborate and took a long time to see through.   It took over his whole life and I found it so sad.

In a humorous twist, I didn't realize that the main character was a man until I was in the 24th chapter!  That was a shock.  I don't quite know how I got so confused but I had a good laugh about it after I got over the initial confusion!  

The story was enough to keep me wondering until the last chapter how it would end ... I'm just not sure I'm satisfied with how it did.  


 

0 comments:


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP