Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Not My Daughter


It's been a little while since I read a novel.  I had grand plans to read more this year but then the school year started, and after school sports .... and well, I just didn't read.   I had a bunch of books checked out from the library, but I almost think that was part of the problem.  Too many choices, so I chose none.  Last week, I returned them all and decided that I'm only going to get one off the shelf (maybe two if they look really good) each week.  I'll try to read that one book and return it the following week.  That worked this week!

Not My Daughter, by Barbara Delinksky was an easy read.  Nothing complicated about the writing style or the story.  The subject matter ... teen pregnancy and a few girlfriends who made a pact.   The story focuses mainly on Susan, the school Principal and her daughter Lily ... and their friends.   The four best friend mothers have four daughters who have grown up together and forged their own best friend relationships with each other.  The boys who father the babies play a minor role in the story. The book takes you on a journey with each family and the small town in which they live.  It's not a book I would rush to recommend to anyone but I didn't mind the read. 

1 comments:

likeschocolate March 14, 2014 at 10:28 PM  

Sounds like a good book! Reading has been put on the back burner for me! I just can't seem to keep my eyes open at night when I finally do get little time to myself.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP