Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Wild Girl


My sister reviewed this book on her blog and made me want to read it.  Luckily, she had a copy of the book she could lend me and I was able to start straight away.  

It always takes me a little bit to get into a new book.  Especially if I've just finished reading another one.  I get so attached to the characters, that meeting new ones takes a bit of adjusting!   

This book was no different ... but once I knew Dortchen Wild, Wilhelm Grimm and their respective families, I was transported to another time and place. I was in Germany. And it was war time. I was transported into their lives and circumstances.  

As Ellie says in her review, it reads like a fairy tale ... with the appropriate amount of evil intertwined.  Don't all fairy tales have a wicked old witch or some such horror?

Kate Forsyth says on her website that this is possibly one of the most difficult and challenging books she has ever written.  The research took her forever!  Well, I'm glad she persisted through the difficulty and was up for the challenge.  

I enjoyed this book and would recommend it ... especially if you want to know how the fairy tale ends!

0 comments:


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP