Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society


I LOVED THIS BOOK !

It's funny, this is another book that was recommended to me ages ago.  
I got it out of the library but never ended up reading that.  Why do I do that !?!  

 What did I love about this book ?  

It is quirky.

And fun.

And I loved the characters.

I loved each of them in their uniqueness.

And because I have friends from Guernsey, I could hear them as they spoke !

I loved the style of writing.

I don't believe I've ever read an 'epistolary novel' before. 

 Don't worry if you have to google 'epistolary novel', I did too. 

I must say, I was a bit worried when I realized the entire book was letters between the characters.

I needn't have worried. 

It was wonderful !

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society is a light an easy read but full of substance.

It made me laugh, out loud in one instance.

It made me cry, but not for long. 

It kept me interested and fascinated and left me smiling when I finished reading.

And it made me want to visit Guernsey ...

I would highly recommend it !

Reading the book, not visiting Guernsey ... 

I haven't done that yet !


3 comments:

Anonymous May 31, 2012 at 3:10 PM  

I loved this fun and quirky book. And you're right... I could also hear our Guernsey friends in them.

Floortime Lite Mama June 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM  

this may be my favorite book of all time

swig June 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM  

we liked it very much too! (the French translation…)! warm greetings from Paris!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP