Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1st 2012




I have a love/hate relationship with New Years Resolutions.

I love them because I love a new year. A new beginning. The semblance of a fresh start.

I love them because I'm a dreamer.

And a goal setter.

And a planner.

I hate them because they last maybe a month. Except for 1996 ... the year I resolved to not drink any form of soda pop ... and I did it !

I hate them because I soon feel like I've failed. Because I have. Failed to keep a resolution.

I think that this year I am resolving to not make resolutions. But rather to set goals. To dream and to look forward at the things I'd like to accomplish this year, and leading into the years to come.

I'll share some of them with you ... as I get them sorted in my own mind.

One that I set some time ago was to create a few more garden beds in our side yard. This week we put in the first one. And basically for free ! We had to buy the soil and the mulch but we BUILT the bed from scraps ! AND I LOVE IT !!

BEFORE


AFTER


We've planted two types of eggplant. Two types of tomato. Lebanese cucumbers. Sunflowers and lettuce.

I can't wait til harvest time !




4 comments:

Sabba and Nanny January 1, 2012 at 7:06 PM  

Seems a very sensible way to do things. I love the new garden beds.

Mari January 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM  

Happy New Years Bonnie! I like the idea of goals instead of resolutions.
Lucky you, planting your garden beds, while I hear about the big winter storm headed our way. :)

Anonymous January 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

I was just telling my Husband last night I love reading your post. Thank you!

Diana
MD

Tessa January 2, 2012 at 9:08 AM  

I love the change and am glad some of our plant offspring will live there.
I made the decision not to make a New Year's resolution too and to set a goal. One is enough for me as you know, I forget the goals when something new pops on to my radar.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP