Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crayons ! Canvas ! Colors !



I've seen a few of these crayon art pieces over on pinterest. I loved the concept and the colors and just had to try it.  It was simple.  I bought a canvas and a box of 24 crayons.  The only other supplies I used were a hot glue gun and my hair dryer.



Step one ... chose the colors you want to use and lay them out on the top of the canvas.  I used all of them except grey and brown this time.  Later on I want to do some with particular colors but I need to wait til my sister brings me a little stash of cheap crayola crayons from the States.  In the mean time, I bought some dodgy crayons from the cheap store tomorrow that I will experiment with tomorrow ...



Step two ... hot glue gun the crayons into place.



So pretty !!



Make sure you take plenty of photos before you get the hair dryer out ! :)



Ok ... the fun bit. Put your hair dryer on hot and point it at the crayons. I kept mine on low once they started melting ... the wax didn't spit all over the place as much !



Just keep blowing hot air on them until they are melted to your liking.



and that's it ...

Try it ! You'll like it !

4 comments:

Mari January 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM  

I've seen it on pinterest too and wondered if it worked or not - very cool!

Anonymous January 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM  

Looks great Bonnie! Let me know how the cheap crayons go (so much more fun if it's only 99 cents a go :)).

Sabrina January 30, 2012 at 6:56 AM  

un'idea davvero originale e interessante,provero'!!!!

Theresa February 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM  

How cool! And fun!!!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP