Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Corner {DREAM} View

Corner View this week is 'DREAM' ... I love dreams.  I have lots of them.  Not the kind when you are sleeping.  I sometimes have those too but they are usually weird.  No, I'm talking about the kind of dreams where you get a thought in your head or a niggle in your heart about something that would be really neat to see happen or to be a part of.  Some dreams are totally unattainable and that's ok.  Like, I always wanted my family to be like the Von Trapp Family Singers ... and though we sang in church as a family a time or two, there were never any turned over boats, tree climbing in curtain 'play clothes' or nazi's involved. I'm ok with that though.  I'm pretty ok with the fact that I'll never be an acrobat in the circus too but it's fun to think about ...

Other dreams I have are to travel the world.  Starting with Greece and working my way through the rest of it.  I'd love to work along side a chef (or multiple chefs) one day and learn from them.  I have a dream, one day, to write a book.  Or maybe a couple books.  I'm thinking of making this one more of a goal than a dream. 

But today, I want to share with you a dream that will come true in just a couple of months ... you see, I love our little garden.  When you walk out my back door, this is what you find ...

We have two little raised garden beds full of stuff. Some greens ...
Like the rocket, rainbow chard, silverbeet (not pictured) and dwarf kale you see above.  The grasshoppers love them too, as you can see.

We've got leeks growing. I'm super excited about these ! I also planted some spring onion seeds last week ...
We have 6 different chili plants, lots of herbs ... thyme, lemon thyme, pizza thyme, rosemary, oregano, flat leaf parsley, italian parsley, sage, tarragon, lemongrass, marjoram, chives, garlic chives, greek basil, sweet basil, thai basil and boxwood basil.  Not to mention the coriander that is now self sowing !  In our rock pathway !  I love it !



and so do the bees !


We do pretty well with the space we have but one thing that bugs me is that the only veggies we really grow is the greens, which I'd like to grow more of too ! And this one sad looking tomato plant ...


So ... what's the dream bit ? Well ... I want to put in some more gardens ! But, if you look at the first photo you will see that there really isn't much room for more ! However ... let me show you the side of our house and tell you about my dream, that is finally becoming a plan !
This is the side of our house, leading to the back patio. A very unused space. But not for long.  I've already pruned the magnolia tree, you can just see the stumps that were too big for my handsaw and are waiting for a chainsaw to come home from work with Rory to finish it off.  Then, basically from where the hose is we are going to dig up the grass, level it off a bit, lay weed mat and put in three raised garden beds and fill 'em up with veggies !!!  I'm so excited !!!  We will probably do a little path way to the back with rocks and the same pavers that were used out there.

We will still have a front yard with grass and shade and bird feeders !  And we're even talking about putting a little bench of there !  Ooooh .... I can't wait for this dream to come true !!

What are your dreams ?  I'll be popping round to visit with you other Corner View people to find out !

17 comments:

Karyn Taylor-Moore November 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM  

A gorgeous dream Bonnie! And I reckon it's one that's definitely going to come true! :-)

Happy gardening

Karyn xx

Mari November 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM  

It's a great dream - and it's even better that it's going to happen!

Joyce November 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM  

How exciting to see this dream, that is about to come true! :)

PS I didn't know you were on pinterest. I'm off to follow. xo

Joyce November 2, 2011 at 8:56 PM  

Me again Bonnie I can't seem to get to your pininterest. Send me your email and I will send you an invite. joy2282003 at yahoo.com xo

Debra November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM  

How exciting! I'd love to put in some raised garden beds in my yard this summer. I'll have to see if my energy and money match my dreams.

tanïa November 2, 2011 at 11:01 PM  

Gardening is so much dreaming. Best moments when your dreams come true and plants and flowers grow!

Dana November 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM  

You are proof that making dreams a reality often requires lots of work and more desire!
D

Heather November 2, 2011 at 11:53 PM  

You havea lovely garden and I hope you'll post lots of photos when the new beds are done.

nadine paduart November 3, 2011 at 1:21 AM  

what a stunning dream, and one so close at hand too. it will be an eye catcher i'm sure, and will provide you with your weekly fix of greens and other colours!!
of course you will show us how this dream further comes along??!!
n♥

Kari November 3, 2011 at 2:20 AM  

i love these kind of dreams - about to become a real ones!

p.s to answer your question from last week, I'm not fro Kazakhstan. I'm from your neighbor country - PNG.

Isabelle November 3, 2011 at 3:16 AM  

when I will have the house of my dream I will add a little garden like yours ...

Francesca November 3, 2011 at 4:38 AM  

Hope both your back patio kitchen garden and book dreams (can you share more?) come true very soon!

Kristin November 3, 2011 at 6:13 AM  

Oh I have many dreams. I dream of a house and a garden of many journeys, of adventure and excitement. And much more of.

Your garden is very pretty, a dream that many herbs and tomatoes, lettuce and flowers.

Anonymous November 3, 2011 at 6:32 AM  

what a beautiful garden ... love your dream about expanding it :)

Theresa November 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM  

So lovely!!

flowtops November 4, 2011 at 7:00 AM  

You have more space than you think... Go for it!

Nicki

likeschocolate November 5, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

I love your dreams. The garden is fantastic!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP