Wednesday, April 27, 2011

day 115 {biblioteca} 365 & WFMW

we are frequent borrowers at our local library, the librarian teases us about it ...
if there were frequent flyer miles for library books checked out, we'd be world travelers !
we like to get on our computer at home, reserve books and then once a week we pick them up
from the library van that parks not far from the kids school ... it's wonderfully convenient !!

because we have so many borrowed books, we needed a dedicated shelf for them
this one in our living room is perfect



the bottom shelf is home to all of our library books
here's what it looks like after today's visit



i hang a bag off the side of the shelf
this is where books go when we're finished, ready to be taken back



here's alia's section of the shelf
she loves that she can read now ... and she does lots of it



and jono's
he is a voracious reader



rory's books are all audio these days
perfect for his hour long (each way!) commute to work



and mine ...
mostly cookbooks, a bit of photography and creativity
true stories and a bit of jodi picoult



and with that ... i'm off to read

**

It's been a while since I've posted a Works For Me Wednesday but I thought this might be a helpful little hint for some. I know I used to be frustrated with lost library books ... not anymore ! The books have a home, and I know where they are ! AND ... when the kids (or we) finish a book, it goes into the return bag ... easy ... I just grab the full bag on a Wednesday morning, throw it in the back of the car, all ready for that afternoon's trip to the library.

Check out other things that WORK for other people ... you might find something helpful !

6 comments:

Mari April 27, 2011 at 11:19 PM  

I love your system! I could have used that when my kids were little and we were at the library all the time.

Penny April 28, 2011 at 2:12 AM  

Wonderful system. We used to have a dedicated shelf, now we have a dedicated bag. I really should combine the two-the best of both worlds!

Bitterroot Mama April 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

Fantastic! I keep my books scattered around the house - I guess I don't have another empty bookshelf for them. :( I'm glad you love the library. I love mine too!

;) April 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

This is really a good idea. And no day without reading sounds good too ;)

Amy April 28, 2011 at 11:42 PM  

So great Bon! Great minds DO think alike... look at your whole bookshelf of books... woo hoo!! Ours is alot smaller..love love love the library!

Hugs.. amy

Terri April 30, 2011 at 3:59 AM  

Great idea - especially since we have a lost library book of Shaelyn's. I'm afraid we're going to have to buy that one. :(


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP