Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Thankful Tree

The same day we started the whole unprocessed thing, we also started our "thankful tree."



We've got a little box with all our supplies that lives just opposite the dining room table.



Each night after dinner we write one thing we are thankful for on a piece of the paper.



These are my favorites so far.
Alia ... first night is thankful for LOVE.
Jono ... second night (first night was his ripstick !) is thankful for LIFE.



Once we've written them down we stick them to the wall where our tree will 'grow'.

I'll share the progress with you from time to time ...
and of course, more of my favorite things that we are thankful for !!

10 comments:

Unknown January 7, 2010 at 2:29 AM  

What a wonderful idea! I'd love to do something similar

Mrs. Wallace January 7, 2010 at 2:55 AM  

In awe of you as usual! :-) Love how creative this is!! Can't wait to see the growth.

Palmer and Co January 7, 2010 at 3:03 AM  

Bonnie! LOVE this idea! Brilliant! Can't wait to watch it grow!

T'lia January 7, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

Umm, is this not the most FANTASTIC idea Bonnie!!?? You always amaze me- you're such an awesome mum!!

Nicola January 7, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

oh my goodness! i love this idea. i might have to borrow it. what a simple way to grow in gratitude. i am going to link to this from my next inspired internet link list.
thanks for sharing!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Anonymous January 7, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

neat idea!! can't wait to see its growth :)

jane January 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

what a wonderful idea. i´m going to do the same. thanks bonnie!

cafebebe January 10, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

What a brilliant idea for a few years from now when Little Miss is older. I love it...thanks for sharing such a great thing.

Karin @ Cafe Bebe

Sabba and Nanny January 10, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

I am thankful for this post. I love it.

Khrista February 15, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

fabulous idea! I want to do that!!!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP