Friday, November 6, 2009

Coloring Pages


A few years ago, I stopped buying coloring books for the kids.
Except for when we go on a big overseas trip ... then I let them pick one to take with.
But, other than that, I've found that their tastes change too quickly and they tire of the coloring
book before it is finished, and it's money wasted. I dislike money wasted. Don't you ?

Photobucket

I've found that printing one picture at a time is a better solution.

Photobucket

I can print whatever takes their fancy at that moment.
Like yesterday, Jono wanted a football and Alia wanted a Princess.

I just go to google.com ... put in "Princess coloring pages" or whatever it is they want,
click images in the top left hand corner and it brings up blank coloring pages.
The kids pick the one they want. I hit print. Voila !

It's too easy ...

8 comments:

Amy November 6, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

TOOOOTALLY agree!! I love that option of being able to print out exactly what they like at the moment.. and it's just one page or two... so fantastic!

Beautiful coloring pages from Jono and Alia!! Great job!

Hugs.. A

;) November 6, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

That's a nice idea... and... I did that or I created some drawing for the kids... but, their drawings are always more creative !!!

Palmer and Co November 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

It's amazing how many unused coloring books we have. The girls would rather grab some plain white paper out of the printer instead.

Great job, Jono & Alia!

Kayren November 6, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

If we ever bought coloring books they were the super cheap ones and usually very specific (like Scooby) and around a holiday (for a basket or stocking stuffer).

My kids love to draw on white paper out of the printer like MODsquad's...always have.

Two questions for you:
red ikea trash can?
another vlog?

;)

Sabba and Nanny November 6, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Brilliant!

Unknown November 7, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

Hey...now there is an idea! :)
I buy the farm/animal books at our local Amish stores...they are cheap..around a $1 and they seem to last for awhile as the kids (so far) have been always interested in animals or farm...

THANKS FOR THE TIP!

Kari November 8, 2009 at 1:31 AM  

Isn't that just the coolest. And it sure is a great way to save.
My husband always tells me "google is my friend". I also do math, science and language worksheets.
happy weekend.

Sandra November 8, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

Funny you mentioned this because I do the same with my kids LOL

They will come to me and say "can I print out a picture to color?". One day it's disney, the next day it's a flower or a car, the next day it's something else. :)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP