Wednesday, July 1, 2009

School Holidays ~ Day Three

to answer a couple of questions from yesterday ... 1.) we are eating churros. no i did not make them. we found a restaurant called 'chocolateria san churro' that makes them. the churros themselves are pretty close to authentic ... but they come with chocolate ... not hot chocolate ... to dip them in. but guess what ? my sister has previously posted a recipe to my cooking blog for churros. none of us have tried it out but if you all are keen ... here's the link !! 2.) ice age 3 was goooooooood ! it is my favorite of all three. i laughed throughout the ENTIRE movie. i'm serious ! 3.) it is the dead of winter here ... i know ! i love it !

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

my friend khrista sent us the most amazing package !! i cannot get green chiles here ... CAN NOT get them ... it's a crime really. but look at how many cans she sent me ! i can't wait to try this recipe. i've said it once, in fact i think i've said it twice but i'll say it again ... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!! can you see the other goodies she sent ? things i love but can't get here. bugles. corn nuts. bazooka gum !! and needle protectors for my knitting needles !

Photobucket

7 comments:

Toni July 1, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

Sounds like today was a winner all round :D

Needle caps huh! ! ! ! ! ! ! lol

One Shabby Chick July 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

ok ignore the comment I left on the other post - I read it first. How fun - those chilies are great to use in so many things! My mom is taking my 7 year old to see that tomorrow for his b-day. Everyone else is whining since they don't get to go too :-)

Mari July 1, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

What a great day - and great package. I love green chilies and am so glad you got a box full!

Stacy July 2, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

No green chili's??? That's a crime! ;) What a nice present from Krista.

Glad Ice Age 3 was good...it sure looked good!

Mrs. Wallace July 2, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

ok, I give in...she is indeed the coolest person on earth! :-)

Khrista July 2, 2009 at 4:01 AM  

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE fresh strawberries!!! We used to go every spring when I lived in VA. I still like to go if I am home during the spring. We get to go wild strawberry picking here soon! :) Alaska strawberries are so tiny, but SO flavorful!
Did you plan ahead for the school holidays? Such a good mom! I need to get a few activities together for G. before it's school time again...and new baby time! :)
It makes me extremely happy to send you a box of goodies! Can't wait to see what you whip up with the green chiles! :)

Erin July 2, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

I can't even begin to express how jealous I am of your care package. . . I miss having green chiles to cook with as I've yet to find them in the UK. . .

Oh well, I'll just have to add the to the list of things for my family to send us in the next package. . . ;)

As always, beautiful pics. . .


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP