Tuesday, July 7, 2009

{crook}



crook
–adjective
Australian
1. sick or feeble.
2. ill-humored; angry.
3. out of order; functioning improperly.
4. unsatisfactory; disappointing.

I am definition # 1 today

(sore throat)

and

it's raining

I'm glad it's raining, though, because that means that the 3, oh no, wait, 2 loads of washing that I hung on the line yesterday will get an extra rinse ! The 3rd load ... it's still in the machine because I never got to hanging it ! I'll just wash it again next week when the rain stops. No biggie. Hope it doesn't go moldy before then ...

Maybe I am also part A. of definition #2 as well. :)



It's best then that I spend the day here ...

Photobucket

drinking plenty of this ...

Photobucket

being kept warm under the afghan and snuggling with her ...

Photobucket

i'll start some squares ...

Photobucket

and be thankful that the rain is watering our blooming magnolias !

Photobucket

yeah ... that sounds good ...


14 comments:

Mari July 7, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Thanks for the definition of "crook". The couch is the best place for you!

Kayren July 7, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

That kitty picture is my favorite. It's just precious! Hope you're feeling better soon...

Sabba and Nanny July 7, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Thank you for the new word. Hope you get "uncrook" pretty soon!

A Captured Reflection July 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Sorry to hear you're feeling Crook my dear old Chook. If you are feeling ill humoured though, you may want to remove the knitting needles from the basket.

Seriously though - get well soon!

Sarah July 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

I'm so glad you defined "crook" - I was going to ask you on FB, but figured everyone else knew what it meant, just not me! :)
Hope you bounce back quickly, my friend!

Amy July 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Ah, Bonnie!! No fun being sick, but you are right, if there has to be a day at least let it be a rainy one!
Sorry that you are feeling so crooky.. :) Feel better soon soon!

Hugs.. Amy
wishing I could bring you some chicken soup.. :)

A Captured Reflection July 7, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

I forgot to add NZ'ers always say Crook for sick as well, so very much part of the vocab here.

How's the knitting going?

Khrista July 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Knitting on the couch, sipping chamomile on a rainy day...couldn't be a better day to be sick. :) Hope you feel better soon!

Palmer and Co July 7, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

Oh, sorry your aren't feeling well. Sending wishes for a better day!

Sandra July 8, 2009 at 2:43 AM  

Hope you feel better Bonnie :)

Anonymous July 8, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

I love your LARGE pictures and how relaxing you make them all look! I think I like to get a lot of energy in mine :P

I hope you rest up and feel better real soon!!

it's raining here too...

caitlin July 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

Oh feel better.. great post.. and it sounds like you have a great attitude. See you tomorrow.

aimee July 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

a great new word! i'm sorry i had to learn it at your expense, though. rest well my dear!! :)

Carolyn July 13, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

I hope you've recovered by now.

I'm crook at the moment and spent most of today laying on the lounge with my cat Ella snuggled up next to me.

I was trying to do some cross stitch but didn't have the patience for it so if I'm still under the weather tomorrow you've inspired me to get out my needles and knit some squares.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP