Tuesday, May 19, 2009

oh i love a rainy night


Quick ! Quick ! Come inside !
That rain is crazy and the wind ... sheesh, it's so strong !

Photobucket

Have a seat.
Alia's made you some raisin toast.

Photobucket

It was clear for a bit this morning.
Overcast but not raining.
The kids got to play outside for a little while.

Photobucket

And I did a bit of painting.

Photobucket

But then, the sky opened up.
Just like yesterday.

Rain.

Rain.

Rain.

Just look at my laundry basket.
I washed and hung about four loads of washing (two days ago) before I knew it was going to rain.
Of course it wasn't dry before the down pour started ...

Photobucket

I'm not complaining.
I don't mind a rainy day or two.
But I would have like to take the kids to the beach today.
They were home from school because
the teachers were all on
STRIKE !!

I won't tell you what I think of that nonsense ...

They go back to school tomorrow.
I wonder if the teachers achieved what they wanted to achieve ?

As for us, we found ways to amuse ourselves indoors.

Photobucket

Alia built a cubby house for her and her dolls.
They watched Strawberry Shortcake from inside it.

Photobucket

Jono spent a lot of the day on the couch, reading.
Our kitty cat could be found on the chair beside him.

And me ?
What did I get up to on this fine rainy day ?

Photobucket

I think I taught myself how to embroider !
Don't know if I'm doing it right.
I have a book that my sister in law loaned me and I tried to follow the stitches.
Here's my practice pieces.
I just made up the patterns using the stitches I was learning ...





13 comments:

Mari May 20, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

It looks like you all had a good rainy day! The emboidery looks good!

Terri May 20, 2009 at 2:26 AM  

It looks like you're doing the embroidery right. Man - I haven't done that in a long time....
I love a good rainstorm too but now every day. Hope it clears up for you soon.

Khrista May 20, 2009 at 2:27 AM  

lovely rainy day activities...I love embroidery...I should learn how to do it. :)

Kayren May 20, 2009 at 2:58 AM  

The embroidery looks good to me. I'm a cross-stitcher myself. I do the counted kind, not stamped. I've struggled with embroidery, probably because there are no limits and I'm kind of a black and white kind of girl. That's what I'm saying anyway. It's the math brain in me...you think? You have the right brain creativity going on, well shown by your painting and such.

Sabba and Nanny May 20, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

There's something very comforting about a nice, rainy day. It reminds me of my youth in Ohio. We don't often get that kind of rainy day here in Colorado (not complaining, mind you but just recalling some good memories).

Sarah May 20, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

I think the embroidery looks great! I did dishtowels when I was young and still have and treasure them! Someday, i hope to do some more and give them as gifts. But, i won't hold my breath for when that's going to get done...

Tessa May 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Love the stitchery. Isn't the rain just so different from our usual weather. It is annoying but exciting some how. I'll do a blog of my back yard Love the cubby house and Jono sooooooo belongs in our family!!!!!!!!!!

Palmer and Co May 20, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Ha!! I'm totally singing!! Love this song!! Great post, great photos!!

caitlin May 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

I love that first picture. Like I really really love it. Also a great touch to add the song!

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

what a nice blog....
and that song, what is it?

Jeannette May 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

What a great way to show us your day!
Love your laundry basket! The kitty is too cute.

jane May 20, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

i want to see more of your paintings... please...:)

Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

YOur cat is beautiful! and your house seems lovely too. as for rain, we get that 90% of the time...can't wait though, apparently this coming week the weather calls for SUN SUN SUN. I can't wait!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP