Saturday, May 30, 2009

{internet fabulousity}


phew.
i've been busy this afternoon !
i've done the menu plan for next week and the shopping !
and all from my computer !
and all while i was doing laundry !
i'm so excited about the prospect of internet grocery shopping !!


Photobucket

i think it will be fabulous on so many levels.

1. i don't have to try and fit it into school hours
2. i don't have to take the kids with me
3. i don't spend extra because i go into the store hungry
4. or because something is on sale
5. or because something looks good and i just can't resist it
6. or because it's at eye level
7. or because the right music is playing !! ha ha
8. i can see what my total is and adjust it if necessary before I pay and without a headache !
9. all the 'unit prices' are worked out for me and i can sort by them
10. i can change my order until a certain number of hours before delivery
11. it all gets delivered to my door
and best of all
12. I CAN SHOP IN MY PAJAMAS !!!!!!

Seriously, I think it's going to be great for our budget.
I don't tend to make it out of the grocery store for less than $200 a week.
Today, I spent $119.47 !!!
TOTAL !!!
Guess that shows you how much of an impulse buyer I am !


Anyway ... gotta run.
Rory's stokin' up the fire outside in the brazier.
We're going to eat out there
snuggle under the stars
and enjoy the night.

Photobucket

Here's to a fabulous weekend to you and yours !

PS ... do you shop on line for your groceries ?
what are your thoughts ? did you like it ? why ? why not ?
i'll let you know what I think on Monday after my first delivery arrives !!

10 comments:

Sarah May 31, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

If we had that possibility around here, I would be doing it - no doubt in my mind. I would love the convenience, and I think I would spend less as well. Glad you can take advantage of it!

Anonymous May 31, 2009 at 12:58 AM  

Wow I haven't known of anyone who's done this before.

I wonder if you can do this in Canada.

I'm excited to hear how the delivery goes!

If it works out for you I may think of doing this too, that is if it's offered in Canada!!

Mari May 31, 2009 at 1:15 AM  

We don't have that option here, but I would try it for sure if we did!

Kayren May 31, 2009 at 3:49 AM  

I'm a little doubtful that it's available here, and if it is, it's probably at one of the more expensive, smaller grocery stores and wouldn't save me a lick of money. My problem is that they have the supercenters where you can buy not just groceries, but clothing, toys, household everything at them. That's what gets me. I'm so much better going to the military commissary since it's just groceries and some things are less expensive, but then I have to drive about 30 minutes to get there...oh, the choices.

Khrista May 31, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

That does sound fabulous! I WOULD so jump on that train! I am an impulse buyer for sure! That would save me a lot of money!

A Captured Reflection May 31, 2009 at 5:57 AM  

I did try it once, was OK but they didn't pick very good fruit and vegetables and a few things were missing (even though ordered) as out of stock when they packed - didn't get charged for it though.

If it works though I'd say yay, just wasn't impressed myself.

You are a shrewd shopper, I did the big shop on Friday, getting everything, cleaning products, cleanser etc for me, fresh fruit and veg - all following my planned list and nearly fainted NZ$400.00.

We don't purchase alcohol or anything real fancy...but man, where did that go?

Do you buy your fruit and veg elsewhere? What about your meat? or all at the supermarket? Tips valued!

Anonymous May 31, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

I don't shop online...I don't think it's available around here. If it was and the price was reasonable, I would LOVE that!!!!

Sabba and Nanny May 31, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

We have used online shopping in the past, and it worked well. Not quite sure why we stopped. Mom can answer that.

I love it that you provided a link to the word brazier. As far as I know, you are the only American I know who would use the locution "lighting the brazier."

By the way, there's a secondary spelling of brazier (brasier) that would probably confuse most Americans even more!

Love the word fabulousity (although my lexicons spell it fabulosity). I love it when you teach me a new word.

Terri June 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

I might be willing to try online shopping out if it were available to me. Love your "fire" picture!

Palmer and Co June 3, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

Ooh, I love that last shot!!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP