Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ Week 9


On my bedside table:
Addition. Absolutely fascinating. It's about a woman who has OCD. I mean serious OCD. Almost debilitating OCD. I'm about 3/4 of the way through ! It's a hard to put down sort of book ... except that I've been busy so I've had to put it down.

On my TV:
Nothing. Didn't even turn it on tonight ....

On the menu for tonight:
We've already eaten ... the recipes are on my food blog.

Pollo en Salsa de Ajo (Chicken in Garlic Sauce)

Photobucket

Patatas Alioli (Garlic Potatoes)

Photobucket

On my To Do List:
We drove back from Brisbane today. We were at a wedding yesterday, then the kids went home with Rory's sister and brother in law, while we went to the reception. It was a late night for us !! This morning we took the kids for a Macca's breakfast, looked at a bazillion furniture shops (need bunk beds for the kids room), went to Toy World and let the kids each pick a toy. Jono got a model tank, Alia got a doll stroller. The rest of the day, we pretty much relaxed. The kids played, I did some painting in my new 'studio' ... I'll post some photos soon !! :)

New Recipe I tried last week:
Chargrilled Salmon with Asparagus in lime vinaigrette. The recipe will be on my cooking blog this week ...

Photobucket


In the craft basket:
There's lots in it ... there's just not much getting done !! I did do some painting today though ...

Looking forward to:
Seeing Rory's parents tomorrow night.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I'm really bad at these homemaking tips !
No, that's not my tip.
I just couldn't leave it blank.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Tokio Templins ... by my Dad.

Favorite photo from last week:
I haven't actually posted this photo yet but it's my favorite !! I will probably do a post tomorrow to tell you all about the wedding and share a few photos ! But here's one of my sweet husband that I took while we were waiting around for him to get his bazillion trillion professional photos taken ... since he was in the bridal party.

Photobucket

Lesson Learned The Past Few Days:
I'm selfish. But ... I'm glad that I didn't let my selfishness get the better of me ... I would have missed out on a precious memory if I had !

On My Prayer List:
My husband who is STILL working crazy hours.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 4:3b ... the Lord will hear when I call to Him ...

Happy Monday everyone !


6 comments:

Kari May 5, 2009 at 3:28 AM  

Hi Bonnie,
I haven't checked out your food blog but your pictures are making me head that way. You take great pictures.
the book you're reading sounds interesting. OCD....
Have a great week.

Sarah May 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM  

Love your pictures as usual -

Glad you had a great time at the wedding. Hope your husband's hours change pretty quick so you can have more family time!


Have a great day!

Amy May 5, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

loved readin' your post, Bonnie!

Tell you hubby how handsome he looks! ou ou ou!!

And you are so cute with your tips... ok.. so don't tell anybody, but I don't have any usually either.. so I will do a search.. he he he... google is a marvelous tool! it can even make people thing your all spiffy and smart... he he!

hugs.. Amy

Sandra May 5, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Loved your post Bonnie and I agree with Amy, your husband is very handsome :)

I love the food photos too, those lights under your cabinets are working great. I should get myself some LOL

jane May 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Love this post- and yes you have to post pictures of your paintings...please...

Linda May 6, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

You were very nice taking the kids to all the fun places while you were in the city. Was it a long drive home? We usually get into the car and want to keep going.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP