Sunday, April 26, 2009

SOOC - Through the kids eyes ...

For my submission to Melody's Straight out of Camera Saturday ( uh, yeah, it's Sunday here ! ) I'm sharing two photos taken by my Jono. He and Alia both were fascinated by the big leaves we saw all over the place in San Francisco when we were there in November.

Photobucket

I just love these two shots he got !

Photobucket

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend !
I'm just back from church but my family isn't here yet.
Rory dropped Jono at a birthday party at the bowling alley this morning
and then took Alia on a date.
I'm excited to hear where they went.
I would have loved to go too but I was singing this morning so couldn't play hookey !
Plus, I think it's nice for the two of them to have some special time together !
Little girls love special times with their Daddy !

I'm going to go unpack some boxes but I have to tell you two funny things before I go.

Funny thing #1
We were talking about the plans for today the other night and we said that Rory was going to take Alia on a date.
It occurred to me that she might not know what that meant.
When I asked if she knew what a date was, she gave me her "duh. of course I know" look
and answered.
"The date is April 23rd !"

Funny Thing #2
The other comes from the crayon of Jono.
This morning he was making a card for his friend who's birthday party he was going to.
The outside of the card read:
"Happy Birthday Brady"
The inside of the card read:
"I hope you like your present. I really like bowling, and I am very good at it too."
"Love, Jono"

Oh ... these kids !
They forever make me laugh !!


10 comments:

Mari April 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Nice pictures - Jono has a great eye! Love the stories too!

Sarah April 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Hi friend -
Love the photos - I like the perspective of the first one particularly.

I thought I would start my blog in order to keep track of all the things my kids said and did. I found other things to do on it as well...but at least I know I can find it somewhere!

Mr. Daddy April 26, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

I think that kids understand about giving yourself to the moment better than adults...

we should all stop to look at the leaves.

T'lia April 26, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Kids have such great perspectives!! Love it!

The Raggedy Girl April 26, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Have a Blessed Sunday
from The Raggedy Girl--Roberta Anne

Cheri April 27, 2009 at 1:07 AM  

I love Alia's response. Last year I laughed so hard when Halle looked at the calendar and said to me:
"Wow Mom- the 4th of July actually falls of the 4th of July this year!"

jane April 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Your kids crack me up! You´re right! Great shots! Happy monday!

Rachel April 28, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

The kiddos' comments are funny! You never know what little ones will say :)

Have a great day!

Wil's Wheels April 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

You know, my brain fails me some days...like today. I was here, but don't see my comment. Again...

Love Jono's creative eye, shooting on the diagonal. Especially the shot where he included the "human" element.

Anonymous April 29, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

I always love pix my kids take...it's a perspective that we are unable to catch as "grown-ups"! ;)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP