Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Look Simple Beauty

Photobucket

What do you think ?

I spent yesterday afternoon changing things up a bit and I'm really happy with it !

The side bar has always been a bit busy for me but I have always loved having all the links there so never got rid of it. But now ... all the links are at the bottom ! Thanks to 'ourblogtemplates.com' ... great site. You should check it out if you're wanting great FREE templates ! They've got heaps to choose from ! And plenty of help/tutorials to get you going !

It's still a work in progress. I want to have a few more tabs in my link bar at the top ... a blog roll and an 'about me' page are first on my list ! The blog roll may take a while ... I read a lot of blogs !! ha ha

Anyhoo ... just a quick note today. I've got lots happening ! We have a canine visitor staying for the weekend. Riley ... you may remember him, he's stayed with us before ...

Photobucket

Besides that, Rory and the kids are home for four days for the Easter long weekend, we've got a house to finish packing up, church, a day with extended family at the park, an AFL game, and as well ... we get to meet Karen and her family who will be in our neck of the woods visiting from New Zealand !! I'm so excited about this ! Karen and I met through blogging ( some of you will also know her from blogging ! ) a couple of years ago. She's the cousin of a great friend of our family too which makes it even neater ! Such a small world, isn't it ?

Sounds like a car pulling into my driveway ... better go !!

PS ... the car didn't pull into my driveway so I'm back but only quickly to share this cool site I just found. Tizag ... great to help you learn to read the HTML/CSS code in your templates ! I needed to change something, searched and found it on this site ! Check it out !!



11 comments:

Sarah April 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Hi friend! Just finally getting caught up on posts as I have been busy, and unfortunately, it's not with working on the computer! I love your new look - simple and elegant. Lovely, lovely. Sounds like you have a lot of stuff going and will enjoy a lot of time with your family. I love Easter, don't you!

Just wanted to say I totally agree with you on the Love Dare - way too much to ponder in one day - it's taking me MONTHS to get through it. (Don't know if that is good or bad though...:)) Does that mean I have issues????

Have a great day my friend!

Liz M. April 9, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

I like that the new format has a really nice clean look to it. But it only shows me one post at a time. I feel like I'm going to miss stuff 'cause I can't just scroll down and look at all the new posts. So I vote no. Change is bad.

Leeann April 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

I agree- I like the clean, simple look. Very, very pleasing!

Khrista April 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Looks good! :) I meant to email you info on those templates, but you are as smart as I suspected and figured it out all on your own! ;) I wish there was an easier way to respond to comments. Have any tips? I get the notifications by email, but it's not the commenter's email address, so I have too look them up in my contacts and write a separate email to answer a question...not too hard, but there has to be a simpler way right?! If you figure it out let me know!? :)

Anonymous April 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

I'm amazed at how well you research to find what it is you need!

Lucky bum! You get to see Karen...do:

I can't wait to see your "ABOUT ME" page!

Mari April 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

I like it! I will have to check out those links and see if I can learn anything!

Toni April 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

Looks good Bonnie *thumbsup*

Might have to have a play myself :D

Stacy April 10, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Love your new look, Bonnie! Very simple and elegant and perfect for your blog. That shot above of the pretty vase is beautiful. Have a wonderful Easter weekend. Sounds very full and busy, but also full of family and friends. :)

jane April 10, 2009 at 1:01 AM  

Hey! Looks great! And thanks for the tips- exactly what I was looking for. Cheers!

Killlashandra April 10, 2009 at 3:42 AM  

Love the simple shot of the water pitcher you started your post with. The long shadow and the soft sunlight colored wood surrounding it are lovely.

Amy April 10, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

Woo hoo! It looks fabulous around here! You are inspiring me to get my tabs going... one of those things I have been wanting to learn too! Gorgeous! What a fun weekend you have planned.. all full of family and memories... oh just enjoy it!

Hugs.. Amy


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP