Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sharing Inspiration

I read an inspirational post at the beginning of the week. Rhonda encourages her readers to slow down. She shares from her experience saying ... "Instead of whizzing through the housework as fast as I could, I slowed myself to do each job well. That slowness allowed me to think about the task as it was being done and how that task connected to the others that followed. I realised then that all those connected tasks made our home what it is - and that it could either be the comfortable and nourishing place I wanted to live in, or a chaotic jumble of disconnected and generally unfinished chores that didn't encourage anyone to relax and put their feet up." That's just a little bit to whet your appetite ... I recommend popping over and spending a few minutes reading the rest of what Rhonda has to say ! And look around a bit ... I just love her blog !!

I've taken Rhonda's encouragement to heart.

The past three days I've been doing things around the house, things that I would normally do, but I've had a change in attitude and approach ! And while I am slowing down, I seem to be accomplishing more ...

Odd.

But true.

And I'm not grumpy when I'm done.

I'm tired.

But not tired and grumpy which is a baaaaaaaad combination !!

This morning, I defrosted the freezer. It has been needing to be done for some time now. And I'll tell you, a hot summer day is perfect for this job !! I know you're all dying to see the inside of my freezer ( right ? ) but you're going to have to wait. I plan to join in with Sandra's tips on Tuesday this week ... subject defrosting ancient freezer !


Photobucket

The laundry is done and blowing in the breeze.
I did all the sheets and all the towels.
And a couple loads of clothes.
I'll have to run out and pull them off the line when I finish this post, they should be dry by now.

Photobucket

I fixed the door on our little china cabinet.
It had come apart at the bottom and the glass was about to fall out.
Not good.
I took the glass out a couple of days ago.
Took the door off and glued it back together yesterday.
Put the glass back in and screwed the door back on today.

Photobucket

I've been to the grocery store and dinner is in the crock pot ... cooking away. It's making me salivate being home smelling it all day ! It's wrong I tell you ! WRONG !! Greek Lamb with Spinach and Orzo. Have you tried it yet ??? You're missing out if you haven't !!

Pop over to my cooking blog and check it out ... and while you're there, help yourself to a cookie !


I should go. I have a few more things I need to do this afternoon ...

We've got family coming to spend the weekend with us so I'll see you all next week !!

5 comments:

Mari February 21, 2009 at 1:04 AM  

I love the pictures of the laundry drying on the line.
You've gotten a lot accomplished and I like Rhonda's tip. I'll be anxious to hear you Tuesday tip too!

Sabba and Nanny February 21, 2009 at 4:35 AM  

Have tried it and love it (the lamb with spinach and orzo, that is).

Dawn February 21, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

Your pictures are just beautiful. Really.

Rhonda Jean February 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

Hello Bonnie, thank you for your kinds words. I'm really pleased to know you slowed down and found it worked for you too. You got a lot done, and I'm impressed you did that door repair too.

What is it about washing hanging in the sunshine that soothes the soul? You paint a beautiful picture of your life. Thank you for sharing it.

Cherdecor February 22, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Wash hanging on the line is soooo Lancaster County. The Amish and Mennonite have line that hang as high as their houses. They hang on the low line then turn the crank and sends it up. Very interesting stuff.

You certainly got a lot accomplished.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP