Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sharing Childhood

Photobucket

Jono and Alia have been making lots of cubby houses in the family room lately. They move the furniture around, drape blankets over it, and build little cities underneath. They play for an hour or so and then pack the whole thing up before school !

This morning they came to me for a big piece of butcher paper and then proceeded to draw our little shopping center, complete with car park. It even had a playground ... I may have to present their drawing to council as there isn't currently one there.

I love the flow of creativity that I see in them ... takes me back to my childhood ! My siblings and I were builders. We used to gather wood, nails and any other 'supplies' we could find around the neighborhood and build forts. We would sometimes make them themed. One was a space center, one was a beach house, one was ... oh, I can't remember all of them anymore. We'd build one, make it just how we liked it and then tear it down and start all over again !!

What things do you see in your children that take you back to your childhood ?

Photobucket

5 comments:

Cherdecor October 29, 2008 at 11:27 PM  

I love their creativity! So, so cute!

Mari October 29, 2008 at 11:45 PM  

My kids are too old to take me back to my childhood, but seeing yours brings me back to my kids childhood. They loves to make cubbies like that too. They would take blankets and drape them over chairs and have such fun inside!

Christina October 30, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

This is wonderful - I love to see that creativity! N is too little yet to make tents, but her games are getting more elaborate. So fun to see!

Sandra October 30, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Oh boy so much of my children takes me back to childhood. I just love watching them play and using their imagination :)

Demara October 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

Aw yes. I remember doing things like that, when my imagination was a lot huge-r!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP