Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Corner View {Hobbies}

I don't have a whole lot of time for hobbies these days.  I so wish I did.
I still do some.  I read.  I sit in the bath and read, though that's not so much a hobby as a luxury.
I take photos.  Sometimes I get to do this for work ... is it still a hobby then?
I love to be creative.  Luckily, I also have outlet for this at work.
 I'll take that as a hobby I get paid for.
I paint.  But haven't in a long time. 
I hope to in the next few weeks while I am on leave from work.
I write letters ... and post them in the mail ... I've just started doing this again.
I cook.  It's a necessity, sure.  But the types of things I cook make it more of a necessary hobby.
I knit.  But only in the winter.
I bought a sewing machine recently ... I hope to learn how to use it.
I pinterest.  That is probably the hobby I get to do the most.  Just for hobby's sake. 
I like to get crafty. 

I bought the stuff to do this craft last year, and then didn't have time to do it. 

This year ... I did.

 And it was fun. 
I only had one mishap ... with pliers and my finger.  But I lived.


This took me about 30ish minutes.  It wasn't hard.  Next time I'll make sure I have coat
hangers that aren't so strong! (this is where the plier mishap cam into play!)

I also didn't have to hot glue gun all of the ornaments like she suggested.
I was fully prepared to, and I couldn't pull them apart! 
It wasn't until the end when I was trying to twist
the two wires together that a few popped
off.  I just glue gunned them then
and there.  And it worked
fine.  I wish I had a
thicker ribbon
for the
top.

Live and learn ...

**

Total cost of this project: $8

 **


Corner View was created by Jane at Spain Daily and is now hosted by Francesca.     It is bloggers from all over the world, posting photos of a specific    weekly theme.  To join, just post to your own blog and then link up  over   at Francesca's Corner View for the week.  Then, visit the other  Corner   Views ... that's my favorite part !  Seeing the interpretations  of the   themes, visiting different cultures, learning something new !

8 comments:

likeschocolate December 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM  

Love your garland! It is so hard for us woman to find time to do the things we truely love!

simply bev December 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM  

Very pretty! Sounds like a painful project but it had a great result!

Redeker December 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM  

for me sitting in a bath would be a hobby, may be 'cause i don't have one.... your garland is great, i'm not good in making those things.

Heather December 19, 2013 at 3:57 AM  

Pretty wreath! I'm glad to see that you still write letters. I was starting to think that my mother and I were the only two left who wrote "real" letters. (I picked an awful time in history to start a card business :-) )

Menthe Blanche December 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM  

Bravo, this Christmas wreath is very successful :)

nadine paduart December 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM  

wow, yeah, that's like busy-busy, bonnie! i already hung out in your pinterest, you know! what a bunch, and definitely alot of food in there; yumm! cooking is a hobby, for sure.
the wreath worked a wonder!! perhaps i should do thàt to the vintage baubles i found recently?
n♥
and the angels at my window, of course. see, alot to do, precious little time...

Francesca December 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM  

very nice, and i like your reflections in there!
happy holidays!

Li + Belle December 23, 2013 at 3:50 AM  

Oh this is a lovely wreath.


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP