Thursday, August 2, 2012

Liar

 

Liar
by Justine Larbalestier

I try to get recommendations for books before I read them.  I find that most of the ones that don't come recommended, I stop reading in the first few chapters.   Maybe it's because once someone else has loved a book, I am willing to continue on to see what it was that they loved about it.  This one came recommended  and it was not difficult to see why.  I was hooked from the beginning.  Maybe it was the idea of the book ... the idea of it ... that the girl telling the story is a liar and so you don't know what's true and what isn't.  

The story is about a murder and family secrets and a girl who has to lie about everything in order to survive.  At least, that's my take on why she does it.  It's about solving the mystery ... the 'who dun it'.  It's about being different.  It's about what's true and what isn't.  

It's got a twist.  I won't tell you what it is.  It's the family secret.  I wasn't expecting it.  I like that, when a book catches me off guard ... 

It's an easy and entertaining read.  And different from what I was expecting.

Would I recommend you read it ?  Yeah, I think I would ...

 

1 comments:

;) August 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP