Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Corner {Fauna} View

Corner View last week was 'flora' so it naturally followed that it would be 'fauna' this week.

These beautiful birds are frequent visitors to our front yard feeder.



And on this particular day, it was quite windy and cold.



Can you see how fluffy the feathers are ?  I think this must be in an effort to keep warm !!



so cute !!

**

Corner View was created by Jane at Spain Daily and is now hosted by Francesca.  It is bloggers from all over the world, posting photos of a specific weekly theme.  To join, just post to your own blog and then link up over at Francesca's Corner View for the week.  Then, visit the other Corner Views ... that's my favorite part !  Seeing the interpretations of the themes, visiting different cultures, learning something new !

10 comments:

Mari August 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM  

Bonnie! I love that first shot! What a beautiful bird.

Heather August 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

What gorgeous birds!

Elizabeth August 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM  

They are gorgeous. I'd love to draw/paint one. What are they called?

likeschocolate August 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM  

Lovely! What a beautiful bird!

nadine paduart August 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM  

totally inspirational, that bird! its eye!
i like to draw it straight away, {and add some colour}. ..
n♥
ps - shop net yet reopened. thxs for interest!! x

gis August 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM  

great photos of a beautiful bird. I think I read somewhere they fluff up so that the air trapped within the feathers act as an insulator (as it gets warm). Hope I remember correctly....

Anonymous August 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM  

a unicorn bird! :)

Anonymous August 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM  

I like its feather (hair) style :)
very cute bird ... which I can't say about your grasshopper. Just as nasty as mine!

Anonymous August 10, 2012 at 4:50 AM  

Great photography. Reminds me of Alfalfa from "Little Rascals".

shayndel August 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM  

Beautiful and so cute!
(uh-oh, what was the grasshopper story that dorte mentioned?! I"ll take a look...This week my post is a grasshopper, I think:))


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP