Saturday, May 26, 2012

Front Yard Fun

This morning was such fun ! We were home and I was able to sit in the front window with my camera and snap photos as a quite a few different varieties of birds came through !! All but the sparrows were here within the same half to full hour !  It was so cool !


Rainbow Lorikeets


Crested Pigeon
I think these birds are hilarious !
Look at that tuft of hair on it's head ... so funny !
They visit our garden often.  I'm glad, they make me smile !


A Miner bird, enjoying our blooming camellias.


A few more Rainbow Lorikeets enjoying some seed.


Cheeky Miner ... picking my flowers !


"Move over guys, can't you see I'm trying to land ?!"


I wish this guy wasn't so fast !
I noticed that he was different to the Miner birds
just as he turned his head away from me.
I'm pretty sure he was a Blue Faced Honeyeater.
Beautiful !
I've seen these sort before and they are just gorgeous !


I think this is a Butcherbird.
Can you believe how many birds were in our yard today ?!


This is a Turtle Dove.  
Did you all just start singing ?  Two Turtle Doves ....


And then this afternoon it was all about the sparrows. 
Sometimes there will be like 20 sparrows in the feeder at once ! 


I love how they fly in ...



These two look like they are kissing ... they are actually fighting !  
Trying to push the other one out of the feeder ...
They do that a lot !  Guess it gets a 
bit crowded with so many
of them in there !

 **

3 comments:

Mari May 26, 2012 at 8:11 PM  

You got some great bird shots! They're beautiful birds too.

Anonymous May 27, 2012 at 12:38 AM  

That is so cool I can't believe how many birds came into your yard today!! I love the sparrow landing with it's wings straight up! So amazing. And each bird looked so different!!

Carolyn May 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM  

I love sitting on my back deck watching the birds in the garden - but I've certainly never had that many birds visit me in one day!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP