Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Room With A {Corner} View & Typical Family Dinner

Photobucket


Corner View was created by Jane at Spain Daily and is now hosted by Francesca.  It is bloggers from all over the world, posting photos of a specific weekly theme.  To join, just post to your own blog and then link up over at Francesca's Corner View for the week.  Then, visit the other Corner Views ... that's my favorite part !  Seeing the interpretations of the themes, visiting different cultures, learning something new !

Last week I was really excited about the theme "Typical Family Dinner" but I ended up having to work on my {usually } day off.  I was bummed that I missed out.  This week, when I saw the theme was "A Room With A View", I was excited again, because I can tie the two themes together ! 

Had I not wanted to tie them together I probably would have posted photos out my front window ... to our blooming garden and birds feeding and bathing in our peaceful little scene.  But instead, I bring you ... the view from our kitchen !

In this first photo you can see the view from a different angle ... That's the kitchen bench you can see behind the dining room table.  But I love that from the kitchen, I can see everyone who may be here, waiting to eat.  When I'm cooking, people are sitting at the table ... kids doing homework or playing games, or sitting on the lounge ... reading or talking to me.  Actually, this view has changed since I took that photo.  The piano now sits in that room as well.  The children practice six days a week so I often cook to live piano music !  Or sometimes guitar, if my husband is playing ....

Photobucket


Here is the view looking out from the kitchen itself ...




As for the Typical Family Dinner ... well, we are anything but typical. So, I guess for us, typical would be 'trying something new'. Yes, we have a few favorites and of course, I do cook things more than once, but I love to try new things. When life is crazy busy, we tend to fall back on old favorites that are easy to cook but when life is more 'normal' we try new things all week long.

I started, at the beginning of 2012, posting at the end of the week "What We Ate" to my cooking blog. If you'd like to see those posts, you can check them out here. I have so loved posting them ! Here, in photo form, is a 'taste' of our typical family dinners.




You can find all of these recipes over at The Beans Blog ! Let me know if you want one in particular and I'll hook you up with a link !

After visiting, if you like what you see ... why not LIKE The Beans Blog on facebook to keep up with the new posts !

18 comments:

Mari April 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM  

I love seeing the pictures of your living area. I really like it. Your food photos are great!

Unknown April 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM  

I am so hungry now!

jane April 25, 2012 at 5:39 PM  

wow! everything looks delicious! will you adopt me please?... :)
big hugs bonnie!

Francesca April 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM  

I love that soup (?) dish served in a tea cup, and all the variety! Couldn't help but notice how tidy your dining room is - wow!

Joyce April 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM  

I like how you were able to tie both themes in together. If we lived nearby one another, I would hire you to add two more plates to your meals. Your meals look wonderful. xo

Kristin April 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM  

Your view of the dining and living room is great - I also like it when the family gathered around. And the Speisem - wow - so many different ones. I would have liked the sushi.

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem April 26, 2012 at 2:41 AM  

Its great to have a good view from the kitchen. I love that about my new home. A your meals looks fantastic.

Redeker April 26, 2012 at 3:49 AM  

your room with a view of your food and great food blog [ i'm not a cook, but i like to look at it!]. how nice to have a dinner at your nice ~it looks nice!~

Heather April 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM  

You have a very nice home! And the meals... look absolutely scrumptious!

Theresa April 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

I love being in the kitchen with people nearby to keep my company. :)
GREAT food shots, wow!

gis April 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM  

I like a lot you living are and the idea of cooking with live music. And definitely your meals are interesting and look really yummy! I missed last week theme too with a bit of regret, great that ypu brought it back!

Karyn Taylor-Moore April 26, 2012 at 6:32 PM  

What a great idea to tie the two Corner Views together! And your family dinners look absolutely AMAZING! Great photos. I will have to check out your recipe posts. What a clever woman you are - and so creative too :-)

Karyn Taylor-Moore April 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM  

What a great idea to tie the two Corner Views together! And your family dinners look absolutely AMAZING! Great photos. I will have to check out your recipe posts. What a clever woman you are - and so creative too :-)

flowtops April 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM  

Listening to music when you're cooking - that must be what gives your meals this wow factor. They look great!

Nicki

;) April 26, 2012 at 7:39 PM  

A real paradise... ;)

Dorte April 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM  

so many nice and different dishes ... YUM :)

nadine paduart April 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM  

pgoeh! SO hungry now, and it's just 3.45 am....
n♥

likeschocolate May 7, 2012 at 7:57 AM  

I want to come to your house for dinner. Yummy!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP