Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mice


Mice by Gordon Reece

This was an easy read.  Easy in the sense that it only took me a few hours to get through it.  Not so easy in the subject matter.  It's a murder mystery ... I like those, but for some reason this one got to me a bit.  Maybe it is the conclusion that they came to at the end ... but I won't tell you what that was, just in case you read it !

The author is British but has lived in Australia for some time.  I liked the familiar Australian-isms that I found within the pages of this book.   I liked the way it was written and felt very quickly like I knew the characters !  I like it when I feel attached straight away.

I did find that it dragged on a bit in the middle.  I think it was because the author was trying to show the emotional torment that these poor ladies were going through but I felt I had picked that up loud and clear already.   It didn't drag long enough that I didn't feel like finishing the book though, as can sometimes happen.

Would I recommend this book ?  Yes, but only if you like books that will tug on your heart leaving you to wonder what is right and what you would have done in the same situation.  In the end, I do like books that leave me thinking ...

1 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama January 19, 2012 at 5:05 AM  

sounds like a lovely book
I re-found your blog after many days and I love it


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP