Wednesday, November 30, 2011

{ Joy } Corner View

Photobucket
Corner View was created by Jane at Spain Daily and is now hosted by Francesca.

Join us as we travel the world each Wednesday ...

Today's theme is "JOY"


If you read yesterday's post you would know that we went away for the weekend.   We were in Lamington National Park up in Mt. Tambourine, staying in a super cool villa at O'Reilly's.

The drive up was gorgeous ... windy and stomach churning ... but gorgeous !



The cloud cover was incredible. 
It was really cool as the clouds just rolled in right where you were standing !


There were so many 'nature' based things to do.  We did a bush walk and tried to

make it to the waterfall but I was too scared (of snakes) when the path

through the tall scrub all but disappeared ! There were flowers.

Lots of pretty flowers. Trees.  Lots of tall tall trees.  

But my favorite part of the 'nature' on this

trip was the birds !There were

hundreds of them and

they are used

to people so they

came and sat on our

heads and even one sat on

my camera !!  How cheeky, eh ?!

The kids loved holding them and feeding

them and trying to pat them.  I got to feel the feathers

of a couple of them when they were sitting on one of the kids and

it was so neat.  They are super soft !  I guess if I'd thought about it I could have

figured they would be soft, since feathers are soft and they are all feathers ... but I was surprised !



I have over 700 photos of the birds from the weekend !  I'm not going to share all of those, of course !

But, I will share lots over the next week or so !

Here are a few to get you started.  These are of the kids feeding the birds.







joy {n}

1. a deep feeling or condition of happiness or contentment
2. something causing such a feeling; a source of happiness
3. an outward show of pleasure or delight; rejoicing
4. Brit informal success; satisfaction I went to the bank for a loan, but got no joy
vb
1. (intr) to feel joy
2. (tr) Obsolete to make joyful; gladden
[from Old French joie, from Latin gaudium joy, from gaudēre to be glad]
© HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

**
yep .... these birds brought me joy !


12 comments:

swig December 1, 2011 at 6:41 AM  

wow, these birds and colors… I'm very jelous!! warm greetings from France!

Theresa December 1, 2011 at 6:44 AM  

My kids would have loved to do this!

Karyn Taylor-Moore December 1, 2011 at 12:19 PM  

Oh Bonnie - those birds are just glorious! And so friendly! What a thrill. What a joyful experience! :-)

Joyce December 1, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

This looks like fun. The birds are beautiful an din the Christmas colors. :)

nadine paduart December 1, 2011 at 2:47 PM  

those birds!
agreed!
pure joy.
n♥

Isabelle December 1, 2011 at 4:51 PM  

wow ... incredible colors !!!

Redeker December 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM  

i can immagen that this trip gave you lots of joy!

Kasia December 1, 2011 at 9:38 PM  

These are such stunning photos! The birds are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Francesca December 2, 2011 at 12:06 AM  

amazing! I've never seen friendly birds!

gis December 2, 2011 at 6:50 AM  

Those birds...! And Mt Tambourine was telling me something, until I checked and realised I have been there! Thanks for the joyful post.

likeschocolate December 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

I remeber the first time I saw the parrots in Austrialia. A friend took me to the Blue Mountains. It was so cool to see them in nature.

Beth December 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM  

Incredible experience--something you definitely can't get here in Ohio! Fantastic photos too.
Absolutely fits the joy theme! :>)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP