Tuesday, November 30, 2010

List it Tuesday ~ {@ work} !

I told you I was a list maker right ? I just can't function if I don't have lists. Seriously ... my brain doesn't hold as much information as it needs to. In order to compensate for that, I make lists. If it goes on my list, it gets remembered. If it doesn't make it to my list, it will most likely be forgotten.



This is my desk at work. It is covered in lists. Semi-Permanent lists that I tape to my desk ! There is a list for each of the people that I need to remember to ask or tell things to regularly. There are 5 of those lists. There is a list for the day that I am on ... that's a to do list. There is a list of the things that have to happen every week on certain days. There is a list of things I need to buy for work. A list of things I need to do but only when I have time. There is a missions list, an announcements list and a list of things that need to go into the weekly email. LIST . LIST . LIST .

I love crossing things off my lists. I cross things off all day long. I also add new things all day long ... it's an ever changing, habitually continuing, sanity maintaining system that is absolutely necessary for me.

How about you ? Are you a list maker ?

List it Tuesday is over at artsyville ... all you do is post a handwritten list and then comment to let them know you've participated ! Super fun ! I loved looking at all the lists last week and can't wait to see everyone's lists this week !!

11 comments:

dianasfaria.com November 30, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

yeah, I'm a list maker though recently I lost one & I wonder what was forgotten as a result!

Mari November 30, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

I'm a list maker too. The best part is crossing things off!

;) November 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

I'm not a list maker, may be because I like to forget things or to do things. But I admire your lists. It's an art ;)

Karen M December 1, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

That's an impressive system!

queencake and titangirl December 1, 2010 at 5:37 AM  

I´m a big list maker, somehow i just never get down to doing it all:) am envious of your desk, it looks so organized and neat- mine is sheer chaos ( and not in a good way:..) best from berlin,anja

cath c December 1, 2010 at 5:47 AM  

that's some system!

Eden December 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

You ROCK!!! This reminds me so much of that GTD...."getting things done" system by oh- you-know-who!!! Anyway, my problem with so many lists is I LOSE THE PAPER!!! Oh evie!!

Pat December 1, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

It sounds like you have an impressive and complicated job! Is the party hat reserved for the rare occasion when EVERYTHING on EVERY list has been crossed off? He He. It should be!

S.E.Minegar December 1, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

your lists are impressively tidy! i live to cross off lists!! does your listing carry over into the home realm? :)

i'm playing this week too.

Christine Clemmensen December 1, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

I love your lists! And I love that you have several :-)

Making lists calms my mind too. And nothing beats crossing things off :-)

aimee December 2, 2010 at 1:07 AM  

oooooh i feel like such a voyeur looking at your to do list! thanks for letting me take a peek at your month and that fabulously organized desk!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP