Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Corner View - Pondering

Photobucket
So ... this week for Corner View we are supposed to share what we are pondering. I'm forever pondering. Well ... I don't know if it's actually pondering so much as just thinking. I wonder what the difference is ? Excuse me while I pop over to dictionary.com ...

pon·der

–verb (used without object)
1. to consider something deeply and thoroughly; meditate (often fol. by over or upon ).

–verb (used with object)
2. to weigh carefully in the mind; consider thoughtfully: He pondered his next words thoroughly.

think

–verb (used without object)
1. to have a conscious mind, to some extent of reasoning, remembering experiences, making rational decisions, etc.
2. to employ one's mind rationally and objectively in evaluating or dealing with a given situation: Think carefully before you begin.
3. to have a certain thing as the subject of one's thoughts: I was thinking about you. We could think of nothing else.
4. to call something to one's conscious mind: I couldn't think of his phone number.
5. to consider something as a possible action, choice, etc.: She thought about cutting her hair.
6. to invent or conceive of something: We thought of a new plan.
7. to have consideration or regard for someone: Think of others first.
8. to esteem a person or thing as indicated: to think badly of someone.
9. to have a belief or opinion as indicated: I think so.
10. (of a device or machine, esp. a computer) to use artificial intelligence to perform an activity analogous to human thought


So - based on those two defintions I, for sure, ponder most everything. I weigh many things deeply in my mind. I sometimes even ponder if this is normal. Do all people ponder everything the way I do or is that just the way I am wired ?


I ponder how I will accomplish what I need to (and even just WANT to) in my life. I ponder how to balance all of the things I have on my proverbial plate. I ponder this ALL THE time. I ponder and I make notes. Lots and lots of notes. I find that the things I ponder, as I sort through them in my mind, if I write them down, I'm able to let go of them in my mind and ponder the next thing ... it's a little system that works well for me.


When I'm having a cup of tea in the morning, I ponder my life. Or maybe I ponder about my life. I am not even sure how to say that ... But ... I consider deeply what I am spending my time on. If it's important. If I need to change it. I ponder it and I talk to God about it. I find that as I ponder in this convesational way, I find a certain peace and clarity that helps me prioritise and let go of what is not significant for this time ...


Often when I ponder, I need to talk. As an extrovert, I can process my ponderings much more effectivly when I talk. I talk to my husband, my kids, my family, my friends, my cat, sometimes even myself !! ha ha. Sometimes I 'practice' conversations I need to have with people before I've even left the house for the morning ! Do you do that ?


Hmm ... I'm not sure where this post is even going ... let me ponder that for a bit ... and while I'm doing that, how about you pop round and visit the other Corner Viewers and see what they are pondering. Actually, I think I'll do that too !
Corner View is hosted Theresa while Jane is away from blog land ...

8 comments:

Unknown October 28, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

Interesting, I think I need to ponder little more :)

Unknown October 28, 2010 at 4:59 AM  

So much differences for a way of living, i think.
Love the photo...makes me wonder

Theresa October 28, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

I find the car, when I am alone, a good place for all the thoughts in my head to be spoken, and for practicing those conversations that need to be rehearsed.

Tessa October 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

Yes, Bon, you are a ponderer. Please ponder to me too as I love your wondering ponderings. I do talk to myself too as I find that most others around me aren't interested even in responding!!!

Anne Marie November 4, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

:-) Definately a ponderer! Thanks for sharing your ponderings!

likeschocolate November 4, 2010 at 2:13 AM  

Yeah, your back. I think the world would be a better place if people would pnder more before they act.

;) November 8, 2010 at 1:21 AM  

I always like the way you think and talk...

Mrs. Wallace November 17, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

you are your father's daughter! thanks for the dictionary definitions :-) I was actually thinking/pondering the differences when low and behold you answered my questions! :-)


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP