Monday, June 8, 2009

{weekend}

We've just had the most amazing weekend ! We had the whole family here Saturday and Sunday. Half of them stayed 'til Monday. There were 9 adults and 5 kids staying in our new house and it was fabulous. All of the adults ( and the toddler ) were in rooms. The 4 bigger kids thought it was great that they got to 'camp' ... in the living room !!

Photobucket

We did spend some time in the outdoors ... just not in a tent ! We went bush walking through the rainforest on Sunday morning. We love bush walking and it was great to be able to do it with the rest of the family. Grandad's knees and Auntie Gina's 'due in three weeks' belly meant that they didn't come on the whole walk ... oh and Uncle Eddie and 20 month CJ neither. They turned around after the boardwalk and grabbed a coffee while the rest of us headed up to the waterfall and back. Grandma did come along. Not only was she able to do the whole walk, she got some great shots. Here's a beauty ...

Photobucket

In other news ... tonight should be Rory's last night working night shift ! Wooooo Hooooo ! Most of you don't even know he was doing night shift. I don't like to post stuff like that on my blog til after the fact. I'm just weird like that. He's been leaving the house between 9 and 9:30, SIX NIGHTS A WEEK, and getting home between 8:00 and 8:30 in the morning since the 19th of April !!! We are all so ready for it to be FINISHED !!! We have made the best of it but my goodness are we ready for 'normal' again !!

I'm pooped. I love visiting and hanging and talking and laughing and just being with family but when it's finished, I'm pooped !! I think tonight, I'm going to go watch some tv and finally get my knitting needles working again !! I haven't knitted since we moved in here ... I'm missing it.

I'll be round to visit everyone soon. I haven't even opened my google reader to see what you all have been up to ... I'm a bit scared at how many unread posts there will be after three days of not checking !! I'm not even going to look until tomorrow ...

8 comments:

Mari June 8, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

What fun to have so much family togetherness, right down to a tent in the living room. That picture is gorgeous!
Hooray for no more nights for Rory!

Palmer and Co June 9, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

What a great idea!! I think we'll have to pull the tent out!

Cheri June 9, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

First of all- that picture is just incredible!!!
I'm so happy Rory will be done with nights- I hated it when Mark was working nights. I hated being in the house by myself at night.
So glad you had such a nice visit with family- how fun!

Amy June 9, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

I love it when family comes into town too... it is fun exhaustion for sure! What fun! Gorgeous pics, bonnie! Felt like I was with ya!

Hope today is refreshing for you!

Amy

Sabba and Nanny June 9, 2009 at 4:22 AM  

Sounds like you had a great weekend. We just said goodbye to Bob and Vicki on Friday. We had a great two weeks with them.

Sarah June 9, 2009 at 6:48 AM  

Great news about your dh! I know you've been waiting for the change so glad it is finally here. Rejoicing and doing a happy dance with you! Sounds like you had a fun time with all your company. Take some time to relax now!

Tessa June 9, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Your pictures are great. That is mine are greater on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you doctor them? as well as make them big? Wasn't it a great weekend!?

Stacy June 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

What a beautiful shot! Yay for Rory being done with the night shift, too. That is no fun for the family having those odd hours. Glad you had fun this weekend...sure looks like you did!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP