Monday, June 15, 2009

fancy a cuppa?


i've put on a pot of tea
you are welcome to join me
you can go sit over with the kitty cat
she'd probably appreciate it if you pulled down
grandma's afghan and let her (the cat not grandma)
snuggle up close while you sipped your tea

Photobucket

i'll only be able to sit with you for a few minutes
the boys will be home soon and i'll need to cook dinner
i've already done the preparations
quinoa crusted chicken fingers are all crusted and waiting in the fridge
the eggs are boiled for the pioneer woman spinach salad
can't wait to try these two new recipes.
i'll let you know how they turn out
well, maybe not here
but definitely on my cooking blog
here's a good one to tide you over til then
we tried this last night
crock pot baked potato soup
mmmmmmm
perfect for the cold weather we've been experiencing lately

Photobucket

how was your day ?

mine was pretty productive

i swam a kilometre this morning
maybe that helped me
with a much needed energy boost

got lots done around the house and in the garden
laundry, cleaning, planning etc ...
i had some time to read too

i like days like today

well, my cuppa is done
i'd better scoot

but you stay as long as you like
i think the cat likes you

16 comments:

Mari June 15, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

That soup looks so good! Congrats on all you got done. It sure makes a person feel good, doesn't it?

Floortime Lite Mama June 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

gorgeous pix
love the poem style of writing

Ms Muffin June 16, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

Love the photos! Tea sounds good ... off to get a cup myself ... :-)

Sabba and Nanny June 16, 2009 at 2:39 AM  

Ditto K's comment. Very creative.

Mellow Morning June 16, 2009 at 3:26 AM  

Thanks for vissiting my blog . I take a cup of tea, thanks :) A nice picture of the theapot.
Greets Jo

malo June 16, 2009 at 4:16 AM  

Your photos are so great! To start the day with a swim - what a dream!

Stacy June 16, 2009 at 4:21 AM  

That soup looks so yummy! I'm definitely going to give it a go. I had a productive day on Friday. This weekend was lots of traveling. We'll see how today goes. :) Have a great week ahead!

A Captured Reflection June 16, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

You need to open a retreat, you'd be great...I always feel like I've visited a peaceful retreat when I have visited your blog.

Palmer and Co June 16, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Oh, please pass me a bowl of that soup! It looks amazing!

Anonymous June 16, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

That looks delicious! You really know how to photograph food! I'm pretty sure I'll try this recipe, maybe already tomorrow for a family dinner =)

Kayren June 17, 2009 at 1:33 AM  

That was cute! So is it winter there? I think so if I remember right, or maybe fall heading into winter.

Your cat probably liked me because it smelled my cat, a new friend.

Joanna Jenkins June 17, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

I'm needing some of that soup! Yum :-)

Khrista June 17, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

love this post... :)

Ellie June 18, 2009 at 3:01 AM  

I'm on my way. See you in roughly 24 hours... better have that cuppa waiting... I'm gonna need it!

Anonymous June 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

cute post. nice pic too. I'm allergic to potatoes but it looks LOVELY!! :)

JuanitaTortilla June 23, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

What a lovely post.
Love your blog too.
Best wishes,
Juanita


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP