Sunday, May 24, 2009

{park water}

*

We had a 'severe weather warning' in our neck of the woods the other day.
Places nearby flooded.
The police ordered all of the schools to close.
I had to get the kids early.
I picked Alia up at about 11:00 but had to come back for Jono.
He had been on an excursion (field trip) that day.
They had to come home early.
Total bummer.
But better safe than sorry.
There were kids not far from us that spent the night in their school
because the flood waters had them trapped.

Photobucket

We didn't get flooded ... although, this park might lead you to believe otherwise.

Photobucket

The kids had a blast and told Rory later that
playing at the park was like being in a swimming pool !

Photobucket

For me, these are the memories that childhoods are made of.
I remember as a kid, being able to go to end of the street, to the 'playpen'.
It was a big concreted area that was fenced in.
Don't know what it was for.
We rode out bikes in it.
When it rained,
it would fill up with water
and we loved to splash around in it !!
I love that my parents let us do that kind of stuff !
The kind of stuff kids love !!
I also loved it when my Dad would hydroplane the car !!

Photobucket

The kids kept asking me when the storm was coming.
Beats me !!
I kept watching for it but this was all that I saw ...

Photobucket

5 comments:

Mari May 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

That doesn't look ike a stormy sky! Glad you had fun and let the kids have fun too!

Leeann May 24, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Looks like lots of fun!

Houston used to flood when I was growing up but we had to be careful in the water- there were often snakes and water moccasins in there! Eeek!

Glad your kids had such a blast!

Palmer and Co May 24, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Oh, one of my favorite songs... ever! Love these water photos! Especially the reflection ones!

Anonymous May 25, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

Bonnie you captured a very interesting story. Loved the ending too of seeing the sky before the storm. SO FUN! And it was nice to see the kids splashing down into the HUGE puddle :) Looked like fun and I hate swimming. But I DID love swimming, up until I was 9, (as you know that was the age I got my you know who) as a child.

THX for capturing this story eloquently.

A Captured Reflection May 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Wild weather over there eh? We were wondering how it was for you guys. Got to love Australia for the fact that you can play in the rain in tees and shorts and have fun in that playground. Special times indeed.

Send us some warmth Bonnie, it's cold here....


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP