Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Corner View - Coffee

Welcome to Australia !

Do come in ... I've made some scones to share with you.
They are still warm so do hurry ...

Photobucket

Jane's asked a few questions of us this week ... let me answer them while I fix you a cuppa ...
Jane : How do you say, "two coffees with milk" in your corner?

Bonnie: "two coffees, white"

When asked how you take your coffee you answer either black or white and then the number of teaspoons of sugar you take. So ... if you like your coffee with milk and one tsp of sugar you would say you take your coffee "white with one".
What would you like ? I could make you a cup of tea. I have a lovely lemon ginger tea that is quite soothing.

Photobucket

Or maybe you would like a cup of my fire place cinnamon rooibos tea. It's my favorite one ...
Jane : What are the most popular ways to drink coffee?

Bonnie : Unfortunately, I'd say the majority of the population still drinks INSTANT COFFEE.

Eeek !!
I'll put the cinnamon tea leaves in my special tea pot for you ...

Photobucket

Or maybe, just maybe you'd like a hot chocolate ...
It's Cadbury. And there's marshmallows !! mmmmmmmmmm ...

Photobucket

Ok. Ok. I know this is supposed to be about coffee !
Here we go.
These are the 'coffees' that Rory makes for the kids.
They are just frothed milk with chocolate powder sprinkled on the top.
Too cute.

Photobucket

Jane : How do you take your coffee? French press, percolator, espresso, or other?

Bonnie : Well, until just recently, I very rarely drank coffee at all. But then ... ah, I remember the day ... I discovered the Mocha Latte. The bitterness of coffee that I couldn't get past was softened with a hint of chocolate ! AND THEN ... oh, even better, I discovered Caramel Mocha Latte !!! Now that, my friends, is heaven in a glass ! Seriously ...

Here, try mine ...
Photobucket

Looks like you liked it ...

Photobucket

Well ... that's about it from me for this week's corner view.
Oh wait ... Jane has two more questions that I need to answer ...

Jane : Are you a dunker?

Bonnie : Indeed !

**

Jane : What was the funniest topic of conversation over a recent cup of coffee?

Bonnie : I had a conversation over a cuppa at art class where we discussed intestinal worms and various ways they exit the body. In this case, it was funny - weird, not funny - ha ha.
**

Be sure to visit Jane at Spain Daily to see the list of other Corner View participants !!
There are great great links !
"Corners" all over the world ... I just love visiting each place, each week !
Even thought it takes me a couple days to do it ....

31 comments:

Jeannette May 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

Beautiful photos and lovely post.
I love the kiddy coffee! ;)
Have a great day, Jeannette

Joyce May 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

I think I need to move to Australia I use instant on a daily bases, since I can't make coffee. LOL... OH your scones would make me so hungry... Enjoy! xoxo

Kayren May 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Cute post, Bonnie. I have a question on the scone recipe. Actually, two. Is thickened cream the same as whipping cream? When you say a cookie sheet, do you mean the big one with raised sides (that are really only an inch high or less)?

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

One of those scones would make me forget about my espresso!

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

oh my! that was delish. thank you.

ps. i love a reainy night as well.

Coffee with Cathy May 20, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos. I could smell that coffee! Thank you so much for sharing -- looking forward to being a regular visitor here.

jane May 20, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

can you hear me laughing? oh those scones look good! thanks bonnie! besos-jane

Stacy May 21, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Those scones look so delish! I can't believe the majority of people drink instant coffee. Ick! We use just a basic coffee maker, but grind our beans fresh. I have a variety of flavored creamers since I need to cut that bitterness, too.

Oh, I will try to get a wider shot of the yard...after I get a bit of weeding done. ;)

nicki May 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

Oh wow, how delicious! I want to taste a hot chocolate with marshmallows. That sounds really great!
Happy Day! Nicki

Lisa May 21, 2009 at 1:02 AM  

Little creeped out about the intestinal worms! Still love the post. I'll take caramel in my coffee anyday, perfect combination.

Dana May 21, 2009 at 1:41 AM  

Oh No! Not instant coffee! Anything over instant coffee!

Elizabeth May 21, 2009 at 1:50 AM  

Wonderful post -- I wish that I were in Australia this morning.

caitlin May 21, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

Okay, you're killing me with those scones. I am ashamed to say I had thoughts of licking my computer screen! And thank you for providing me with that yummy cadbury hot chocolate with the marshmallow as big as my head! Mm, I am on my way to Australia! Could you have those scones ready for me? :)

Palmer and Co May 21, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

Oh, this is sweet!! Yes, I'll take a cup of hot chocolate!! It looks divine! Oh, and put a scone with that too!

Happy Day!

...Lisa

Amy May 21, 2009 at 4:10 AM  

O my goodness,Bonnie Bonnie Bonnie....

sigh.. now I have to go and make a cup of coffee and have my dark chocolate...

Gorgeous pics, girl! really loved this fun post! You are so cute!

Oh and I like my coffee white :)

Ritva May 21, 2009 at 4:15 AM  

that smell!
thanks and have a nice week!

A Captured Reflection May 21, 2009 at 4:52 AM  

Yum, Yum and Yum...I will have one of each of these! Beautiful images, beautiful. Oh fluffies are sold at most Cafe's - try McCafe too! Kids love them.

Unknown May 21, 2009 at 4:58 AM  

Oh, love the scones! Also love Moka, but sometimes I just need only coffee. Really nice post!

Mari May 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

I don't like coffee but yours looked really good - with a scone is even better!

Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

I like Mocha. When I was a kid I liked my coffee black with 2, maybe if Jeff liked coffee I'd do the black thing again or even just a Mocha more often, but alas I don't drink it that often, can't even remember the last time! The smell of coffee makes Jeff sick to his stomach so I try not to have it in or on me for him :)

Amy May 21, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Oh bonnie.. I almost forgot.. I have something for you at my blog :) Come and see when you get a sec!

Hugs.. Amy

MisterE May 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Okay, I need to try one of each...well except the intestinal worms that is!

Kari May 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Your pictures are beautiful.
Love the scones and cadbury chocolate with marsmallows.
Hmmm cadbury ..... very australian.
Great post!!

epe May 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

great photos, beautiful post!

Floortime Lite Mama May 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

love the pix !!! Yumm
I am totally jonesing some scones right about now

Anonymous May 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Oooooooooohhhh Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie.....you're my kind of girl (except for the coffee latte, I don't like milk)...I can have a cup of coffee with those delicious scones and the rest everyday.
Your pictures are abs. great!!!

malo May 22, 2009 at 4:00 AM  

Those scones. They looks fantastic. And I love your pictures.

kristina - no penny for them May 23, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

i thought i'd just write 'yum', but then, after reading the last bit about the worms, this doesn't really seem an appropriate comment, does it... :)

anyway, the pictures are fabulous and i felt you took me on a little walk through your kitchen. you are quite an amazing host! thank you!

Crescent Moon May 23, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

It all looks so good! I would love to join you for some of those scones and a cup of tea.
I think the children's "coffee" idea is brilliant! That way the kids feel like they're having a special drink like mom and dad.

Crescent Moon May 23, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Oh, by the way, I love your song choice!

Sandra May 24, 2009 at 1:47 AM  

Great post Bonnie, I'm a coffee drinker so this was awesome for me, though it did make me want to go out and make another cup LOL


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP