Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Little Tour

Hi there ! Come on in ...

We're still getting unpacked around here but let me show you this first room as you walk into the house. I've put two photos together in an attempt to show you where the room is when you come in the front door. I'll have to take a few more angles later but this will have to do for now. I'm a bit stumped as to why the wall in the first picture looks purple. It's not purple. It's white (or maybe it's more off white) like in you see in the second picture ...

Photobucket

This room is pretty much unpacked. Except for the box I've got a box sitting there beside the TV. It's videos. We don't have a VCR that works so I'm not sure what to do with them. I don't really want to keep them in our (little) entertainment unit but they are ones we want to keep. You know, weddings and family events and stuff like that. Home vidoes. Any ideas what I should do with them ?

Say hello to Jono on your way through. Don't expect to get a response though. He's got his nose in another Captain Underpants book ...

Photobucket

Come into the kitchen. I've got a pot of tea brewing ...

Photobucket

And I've made some Turkey, Cranberry, Camembert, and Lettuce Sandwiches.

Help yourself.

Once you're finished we'll go have a peek at my little gardens outback ! I just love them. I can't wait til we get some furniture out there so we can eat and enjoy the lovely gentle breezes that are forever blowing. We're even dreaming about a hot tub out there one day ...

Photobucket

It's quite a big area, our patio. The picture doesn't do it justice. Probably because I was trying to get the garden and not capture the size of the area. I'll try to do that another time ...

Have a look ... Isn't our little garden adorable ?! It's got some pretty well established plants. Tomatoes, Carrots, Strawberries. There are a few lettuce looking things and something with vines that we think might be pumpkin or zucchini. Could even be cucumber. It's flowering so we should know soon. There's flat leaf parsley too. It's even got a little sprinkler system installed that will make watering super easy !

Photobucket

And look at this !! Our little herb garden. The herbs in it aren't little though. Seriously, the rosemary is enormous ! We've got rosemary, thyme, oregano and chives !! I've used all but the chives already !! They are wonderful ! Heaps of flavor !

Photobucket

Aww, look at my little kitty cat. You'll often find her there on our bed snoozin' away !

Photobucket

Well guys, I'm glad you could stop by. I must head off now. Rory is out at a friends Bucks Night. The kids are getting their pj's on and I'm heading them towards bed. I've rented a movie for myself .... a drama ... Rory hates dramas so I always watch them when he's not here !!

I'll let you know if it's any good ...

13 comments:

The Raggedy Girl April 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Your new home is really lovely. I am so glad I found you just as you were moving. Everything looks shiny like a brand new penny. You are going to have such fun.

Happy Pink Saturday
from the Raggedy Girl-Roberta Anne

Palmer and Co April 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

Oh, it's fantastic!! L O V E your garden area & herbs!! Hope it feels like home already!!

Mari April 26, 2009 at 1:32 AM  

It looks wonderful! I love the front room and am quite envious of your patio, with herbs already growing!

Leeann April 26, 2009 at 3:27 AM  

Thank you so much for the little tour. I loved it!
What a nice home.

Can't wait to see more.

Oh, and you sound SO HAPPY!!

jane April 26, 2009 at 4:16 AM  

How exciting!! It looks great! Can´t wait to see more. Please give Beaky a kiss for me!

Khrista April 26, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

Lovely garden...I am so jealous of your fresh herbs! HEAVEN! I wish I could visit and share some tea and those lovely sandwiches!
Ah, Captain Underpants! Will be our kids classics someday! ha! :)

Cheri April 26, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

It looks so nice and open! I'm envious of your herb garden- I bet it smells fantastic out there.
Thanks for the peek!!

Kayren April 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

That is super cool that you moved in and there was already an established garden area. Does it get cold where you are? I guess you have just entered fall, but that doesn't make any sense if there are plants that are just coming about now. You'll have to enlighten me.

Isn't there some way to archive videos, put them on cd's or dvd's or something? I think that would be easiest, although someplace might have to do it for you. Then you can store a copy in a fireproof box or safe place, too. I could be completely off base here though.

Sarah April 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

What a beautiful home! So bright and full of life, and love, and light!! And those plants - man, I can't wait for it to be warm enough to get in my garden!

That teapot is gorgeous! I would love to come over for a cup of tea and a sandwich!!! Looks like your door is open! :)

T'lia April 27, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Looks great Bonnie! You should just copy your tapes to the computer, and then burn them to DVDs (or put them on an external hard drive).

Not 100% sure how you'd do it (I think you'd need a working VCR- might have to borrow one), but I've done it with all of our tapes!

Stacy April 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

Your new house is wonderful and look at that great little herb garden! Just watch the oregano and chives...they like to spread. I've ripped up a bunch of chives and oregano plants this spring already. They need to stay in their preassigned spots. ;)

Anonymous April 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

WOW Bonnie I'm impressed with what you've done with the place so far!

Do you want to trade spaces?!?!?! lol

Anonymous April 30, 2009 at 3:56 AM  

i love your cat! such a sweet girl..


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP