Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

I've been reading Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday posts over at her blog 'Diary of a Stay at Home Mom' for a while now and thought it might be fun to participate. You might like to participate as well. You can, just grab the button, copy the categories and fill in your answers. Then pop back to Sandra's place and add your post to the Mr. Linky ...

Here goes ...

On my bedside table:
You Sexy Mother by Jodie Hedley-Ward
and
Blue Shoe by Anne Lamott


On my TV:
Dora the Explorer.
The kids are watching it.
In French ...


On the menu for tonight:
We're having fish and chips with Rory's parents. I'll be taking Quinoa Black Bean Salad to have as a side dish ! You can see the rest of this week's menu at the beans blog ...


On my To Do List:
  • swim - aiming for 1k today
  • go to some second hand shops with Toni
  • friends coming over in the afternoon
  • hanging out with Mum and Dad tonight

New Recipe I tried last week:
Mexican Chicken in the crock pot ... so delicious !!! You have got to try it !!!


In the craft basket:
My scarf - almost finished
Materials for a new scarf I want to make


Looking forward to:
Indoor soccer season finishing and outdoor soccer season starting !


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Come back tomorrow for the answer to this ...


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
The secret life of a happy homemaker by Rhonda at down ---- to ---- earth.
I did a post about her post, I was so inspired !!


Favorite photo from last week:
I forgot to post this photo last week ... it was my uber healthy lunch on Friday ....

I don't know what uber means but I've always wanted to use it in a sentence.

Thought it might make me feel younger.

Can't say as though it did.

At least now I know.

Photobucket


Lesson learned the past few days:
Twisties and OJ make an uber orange but uber unhealthy lunch.

Nope, didn't work that time either.

I'll quit !

On my Prayer List:
We're contemplating buying our first house ...


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I'm reading through Exodus at the moment. Just finished the ten commandments. Been thinking about a day of rest. Wondering if I really have one and how in today's society, we could incorporate one ...

Any thoughts ?

8 comments:

Amy February 23, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

I love Sandra too!!! She is so inspirational isn't she?? I love this Monday meme and I love all your Homemaking thoughts.

I can't wait to try those cookies too, Bonnie... those agave ones... ohhhh my! I just hopped on over to Rhonda's blog, and took some time to read her post. I love her wisdom. So good... she gave me some really wonderful things to think about.. slowing down.. wow, who would have thought that was the secret... lol! I love wisdom from those that have gone before...

Have a beautiful Monday, sweet Bonnie!

Hugs.. Amy

Killlashandra February 23, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Mine watches Dora in spanish so there ya go. ;) And I'm so looking forward to the end of wrestling season. Track immediately starts but at least it's one down.

Sabba and Nanny February 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Super. Literally Above or Over in German. (Uber, that is.) I may do a blog post on this. It's an interesting word history. Ubermensch (from Nietzsche in the 19th century) came into English via G.B. Shaw as Superman.

The Mexican chicken is delicious!

On observing Shabbat. If not a day, take an hour, then two. Incorporate it slowly. See it for the blessing it is--an opportunity to get closer to God and one another--not an onerous burden.

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Talia and I have been celebrating Sabbath since we got back from Israel.

Here's some things I like to do to keep the Sabbath day holy.

1. The Sabbath is a day to cease our creating, working with the creation, and appreciate what God has done in the world and is doing in us. Genesis 2


2. Elaborate food preparation is to be done on the day before the Sabbath so that there is no baking or heavy cooking on the Sabbath. Exodus 16


3. The Sabbath is a time to lay our burdens down and rest. We should not do any servile work on the Sabbath. This includes our entire family, even our servants and beasts of burden and strangers who live among us. Jeremiah 17; Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5


4. The Sabbath is an holy convocation. We should meet and worship with others. Leviticus 23


5. We should be reverent and show God that we love, honor, and respect His authority. Psalm 89:7, Habakkuk 2:20


6. The Sabbath should be a day of delight and rejoicing, a day which we forsake our thoughts and words for God's thoughts and words. Isaiah 56, 58


7. The Sabbath is a time of healing. Matthew 12, Mark 1, 3, Luke 13, 14


8. We are not to buy or sell on the Sabbath. Nehemiah 13


9. The Sabbath is a time to do good and visit and comfort the sick. We should do spiritual work on the Sabbath, serving others. John 5


10. The Sabbath is a time of prayer. Acts 16:13


11. The Sabbath is a time to reason with others about spiritual principles, and for ministers to teach the word of God. Acts 17:2, 18:4, 11


12. The Sabbath is a time for Singing. Ephesians 5:19-20, Colossians 3:16, Psalms 92 is called the "Sabbath Psalm"

Sandra February 24, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

Bonnie, this was so much fun to read and I'm SO SO glad you decided to join. BTW before I forget, my kids are excited to join in on your friday feature :)

You crack me with your UBER LOL I say that sometimes and the kids look at me like I'm nuts.

Kari February 24, 2009 at 1:32 AM  

Hi Bonnie, thanks for stopping by at my place. Made me happy! I'm enjoying your blog and the pictures. Thanks again for stopping by.

Jen February 24, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

I loved your blog. Love the uber lunch! Have a great day.

marina February 24, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

these was fun reading know i will have to go visit Sandra blog for some inspirational!!

your lunch with the juice and chips looks good too me, marina


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP