Friday, January 30, 2009

Sharing Dentists and Doilys

~

When Jono was about two he fell off a video game car. You know the ones you sit on to drive ? We were at a truck stop on our way to his grandparents house. Stretching our legs. He fell, banged his tooth, bled and cried for the next hour, that sort of thing.

He was fine but the tooth turned gray. The dentist said not to worry, as long as it didn't start to hurt or get an abscess, it shouldn't be a problem. That was true, until his teeth started falling out. Now you'd think an injured gray tooth would be weak, not have many roots. Right ? Wrong !

His two front teeth grew in behind it and started pushing it forward. So now, not only is it gray, it's starting to point forward instead of down ! This morning I took him to the dentist and he had it pulled.

He was so brave, my little boy. He didn't cry. Didn't even flinch. I taught him my "dentist/doctor with needles" trick. CLOSE YOUR EYES !! It works. You never see the needle coming and you don't even feel it. You should try it next time !

The dentist made this spider for Jono because he was so brave. Isn't it cute ? And the glitter bag ... that contains the gray tooth ... according to the dentist, the tooth fairy likes a bit of glitter !

Photobucket

Last weekend, my mother in law had a go at teaching me to crochet. And then early in the week, my friend Toni picked up where Mum had left off. Today, Toni taught me a bit more because the six or seven times I had tried to do what she taught me, I ended up with a disgusting mess that didn't look at all like it should have !!

I think it's safe to say that I totally suck at crocheting !! BUT, last night I pulled my knitting off the needles to fix a problem that I couldn't fix with it on and now I can't get it back on !!! I'm so frustrated with the thing !! My friend Khrista suggested that I take it to the yarn shop and see if they can help ... it's a good suggestion and if after my next try at doing it (maybe I'll be able to do it now that I've calmed down after last nights frustrating efforts !) I don't succeed, I will take her advice !!

Ok ... I know you're all dying to see my crocheting.

Humor me people ! Humor me !!

Without further ado, I present to you, the worlds worst half completed doily thingy.

Photobucket

Stop laughing ! I can hear you, you know.

Not really.

Time for me to go to bed ...

8 comments:

Mari January 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

I'm not laughing - I couldn't get that far!

Cheri January 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

I think you did good. I want to learn too!
What a great dentist- I love the spider he gave Jono.
Arianna had a tooth pulled a couple months ago too- she did great also. I think better than I would have!

Toni January 31, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

Not laughing Bon, did enough of that this afternoon *giggles*

No, seriously, you're doing a great job! Keep at it!

Mrs. Wallace January 31, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

A tip that AK taught me to get my knitting back on the needle...start putting the loops back on from the side where the yarn is coming out...that way it doesn't pull the loops out as easily. Then just go REALLY slowly and gently. Don't try and put the loops on the "right" way, just get em on. Then take your other needle and switch the loops on to it that way you're all ready to gowith your yarn string on the right side of the needles. Does that make any sense at all?? I hope so. GOOD LUCK. And if all else fails...taking it to the knit shop is a very good idea :-) (and I don't think you're doily looks that bad for a first try!)

Cherdecor January 31, 2009 at 3:33 AM  

I love your crochet. I can only crochet in a straight line. Good job!

Khrista January 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Jono is so brave. I really don't like the dentist, because despite my great oral hygiene routine, I ALWAYS end up needing to get a cavity filled! Ugh!
Your doily looks great! I could hardly do a chain! Haven't even attempted since said chain.
Don't give up on your scarf!

Sandra January 31, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

I love the spider, that is so sweet that the dentist made him that.

As for the crochet, I'm not laughing at all, I think it looks great for your first attempt :)

Bonnie January 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Pammy Jo,
You are a genius !! Or maybe my Mom is the genius but you are the one who delivered the information !! I was able to fix my scarf today and I'm even on to my second ball of yarn ! I think it is about 1/2 way done !! Woo Hoo !!! Thanks for the advice. You rock. As does my Mom ... mention that to her for me would you ? And then give her a hug !! Love you !! Bon


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP