Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sharing My Rocker

Photobucket

My children love to ride their bikes, scooters, skateboards, roller blades, you name it, out front. We have a great area for riding that is off the street and quite safe. At 7 and 5 they could probably be out there by themselves but it puts my mind at ease to be close by.

Plus, I get some good reading done ! Do you see that rocking chair in the photo above ? It lives in the garage. Has done for over a year now. It is right in front of the roller door, facing out ! I even have a box full of old Uni books/notebooks that Rory wants to keep, covered with a table cloth that I use to put my drink on ! I love multi-tasking storage items !!

Jono took the photo of me reading today. And I snapped a few of him and his sister playing.

Photobucket

Do you find it difficult to find time to read ? or knit ? or plan menus ? or put thoughts on paper ? or chat to a friend on the phone ? Is there an activity that your kids love to do that would keep them occupied while you did it ? Something they really enjoy ... For me, it has been this outside play. What happened out of a necessity for me to watch them because they were too little, has now become something we both enjoy and look forward to.

Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you where I got my rocker ... for free !

5 comments:

Stacy November 5, 2008 at 5:07 AM  

Lucky you! That looks like a great place to read.

I try to multitask whenever possible, so me being out with the kids usually leads me to practicing photography on them. That way I can interact with them and get more photos!

Mari November 5, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

What a great way to get some reading in. I could have used that tip when my kids were young!

Joolz November 5, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Hi Bonnie

Yeah, my mogster is called Bonnie. We also had a Clyde but he got donged out on the road. He was a gorgeous grey and white furbag but he was not long for this earth. :(
Love the photo of you that Jono took, quite the photographer. I find I fall asleep the minute I pick up a book if I read in bed. I can get quite a bit read on Sunday mornings at about 7am if I feel inclined. Reading the Twilight series at the moment and really enjoying them.

Cheers - Joolz

Cherdecor November 5, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

You have the best of both worlds there. . . a comfortable place to read and mommy duty!

Demara November 5, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Awww! I loved reading this post. It made me feel so relaxed for some reason.

Thank-you


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP