Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sharing Lunch Time Thrills

Photobucket

One of my favorite things as a kid was getting notes from my Mom in my lunch box.

Didn't happen all the time, but when it did, I was THRILLED !

I love being able to write notes to my two ...

I draw pictures for Alia and write little notes for Jono ... just to encourage him through his day !

Sometimes, in the car on the way to school, they open up their lunches to see what's in them.

On one occasion, they found their decorated napkins.

I was watching in the rear view mirror.

( I was watching the road too ... I've got TWO eyes you know !! )

anyhoo ... when they found their napkin notes their little faces lit up !!

Guess it's THRILLING for them too !!

~~

Have you been over to The Beans Blog lately ?

Do stop by soon and check out our What's For Lunch series ...

8 comments:

Demara November 19, 2008 at 6:57 AM  

haha I left notes in Dawson's lunch too (he was 8), when he lived with us for a year. I'm not sure he liked it, but I hope it brightened his day too!

Mari November 19, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

I used to do that for my kids too. They loved it. I've also done it for my hubby. I should do it again!

Sandra November 19, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

I love doing this for the kids too, it's just a little touch from mommy but it makes them so happy ;)

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

What a sweet idea! I bet your kids love that!
Mary:)

Stacy November 20, 2008 at 1:14 AM  

That is so sweet Bonnie! I don't have to make lunches yet, but when I do I will for sure be doing that. :)

Cherdecor November 20, 2008 at 1:38 AM  

Opening their lunch on the way shows that they were looking forward to your messages. How cute!

Holly November 20, 2008 at 2:39 AM  

You know, my kids really like it too, and I don't remember to do it often enough.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Leeann January 19, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

That is such a great idea. My mom used to do that and I had forgotten about it. I think I will start doing that also. Thanks for the reminder about this simple but special thing!

ps- I can just imagine their faces!


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP