Monday, November 17, 2008

Sharing Clean Underwear

Photobucket

This book has been sitting on my shelf for years. My Mom gave it to me a while back, I can't remember exactly when and I'm not sure why I haven't read it before now. Tonight I sat and read almost half of it ! It is a fun, easy read and I'm sure I'll have the rest of it finished tomorrow ! And I think, at some stage, I'll read it out loud to the kids.

Here's what the back of the book says ....

Photobucket

I think there totally IS a list ! It must have been distributed in the line where my parents signed up to be parents because the number of times I've thought "oh my goodness, my parents totally said that to me ..." is getting close to ridiculous and I'm not even half way through the book !

It seems like a silly book. And it is. It's humorously written. But it's got some great life lessons. I agree with one of the reviews on the back of the book that said ".... he speaks directly to kids in a warm, often comical way that doesn't make him sound like a grow-up trying to teach a lesson."


3 comments:

Mari November 17, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

I wondered what you were up to when I read the title of this post! Now I get it. Sounds like a cute book!

Leeann November 17, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

Thanks for that recommendation! I immediately went and put it on request at the library. Can't wait to read it!

Speaking of light reads, I just picked up "Marcia Brady's" autobiography from the library Saturday. Now *that* should be a page turner! lol

Thanks for coming to visit my blog!

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Joolz November 18, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

Hi Bonnie

Another book for me to try. It could be advantageous to give it to K17 when she goes off the Uni next year.
I am getting thru You Sexy Mother and have even bought myself a visual arts journal and have segmented it like Jodies says.
I just need to find time to cut out stuff and glue them in. One day...

Cheers - Joolz


My Other Blogs ...

Find Me On Ravelry

Simple Beauty Stats

I've been featured ~ TWICE!

Followers Of This Blog

It's A Small Small World !

free counters

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP